Author Topic: how to find a surgeon  (Read 4735 times)

Offline mike

• View Profile
how to find a surgeon
« on: February 29, 2012, 12:23:07 PM »
I had gynecomastia surgery about 7 years ago,got the glands and the tissue removed but they didn't correct the nipples so now i have puffy nipples,since plastic surgery is not my line of work im really having a hard time finding a good surgeon for the operation so i wouldn't make the same mistake,i live in Europe,is there a well known surgeon that specializes in  gyno. in europe.Somebody that has a track record with pictures and experience close to dr.Bermant.

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Revision Gynecomastia Forum - Re: how to find a surgeon
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 01:42:46 PM »
I had gynecomastia surgery about 7 years ago,got the glands and the tissue removed but they didn't correct the nipples so now i have puffy nipples,since plastic surgery is not my line of work im really having a hard time finding a good surgeon for the operation so i wouldn't make the same mistake,i live in Europe,is there a well known surgeon that specializes in  gyno. in europe.Somebody that has a track record with pictures and experience close to dr.Bermant.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Welcome to our forum. Why not tell us more about the original problem, what happened, and what the results are like. Posting pictures can help others understand your concerns.

I saw so many residual Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia problems after other surgeons' operations that I coined a term Puffy Nipple Complication compiling some of the mechanisms I found when analyzing and revising those patients.

Part of the problem lies in the surgeon's analysis of their techniques. When putting blinders on, things that may not be so good can look OK to some. That is why I used my Standard Gynecomastia Pictures to more critically look at how tissue moved and appeared in real life. My Standard Videos for Gynecomastia were even more revealing.

I incorporated these tools that I used to refine my own methods in our How to Select A Gynecomastia Surgeon.

Sharing with others can help show what a particular surgeon's work is like when measured more critically with the standard photos or videos. Using these tools in talking to surgeon about their methods and how their results look when analyzed in a more critical fashion may be part of the answer. Perhaps you can help refine our resources here and help yourself and others find better surgeons.

If you are going to post images, use the more advanced set Standard Pictures for Revision Gynecomastia which has additional views to see scar and animation issues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates