//pvii begin //pvii end

Author Topic: Can liposuction be done on 5 parts of body in hour and half?  (Read 4675 times)

Offline trcns

• View Profile
Can liposuction be done on 5 parts of body in hour and half?
« on: March 06, 2012, 02:50:44 PM »
My friend just had a liposuction, which included lower abdomen, back upper and lower flanges, inner and outer thighs.

Questions I am asking here are
1) It’s almost a month and we don’t see any change in her body shape. Did he do anything?
2) Doctor charged us $11000 and he was done in an hour or hour and half, as compared to other doctors who were telling us minimum 3 to 4 hours, and ever according to one doctor who was asking for 2 sessions. Is it possible finish whole process of anesthesia and procedure in less than hour and half? We chose this doctor based on pictures he posted which looked pretty nice.

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Can liposuction be done on 5 parts of body in hour and half?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 11:35:30 PM »
My friend just had a liposuction, which included lower abdomen, back upper and lower flanges, inner and outer thighs.

Questions I am asking here are
1) It’s almost a month and we don’t see any change in her body shape. Did he do anything?
2) Doctor charged us $11000 and he was done in an hour or hour and half, as compared to other doctors who were telling us minimum 3 to 4 hours, and ever according to one doctor who was asking for 2 sessions. Is it possible finish whole process of anesthesia and procedure in less than hour and half? We chose this doctor based on pictures he posted which looked pretty nice.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Welcome to our forum.

Part of Picking a Plastic Surgeon should be evaluation of typical results before surgery. Checking before and after pictures is one of the components of this process. If the results do not look like this documentation, the question is why? 

When I was in practice, I preferred to maximize safety, comfort, and results for my patients. While quicker operative times sometimes have an advantage, I preferred methods that resulted in less swelling, bruising, and better comfort. This component requires looking into the path an individual takes between the before and after images. Check out the typical Bruisng and Swelling after Tummy Tuck of which liposuction was a component. Some techniques damage tissues to a greater degree causing more swelling and extended healing times. Part of my methodology to improve my own skills was to document this path to refine how I operated or for patients to learn how their results compared to what typically happened. A faster operation that results in prolonged swelling just was not something I wanted for my patients. That is why a more careful investigation into a doctor's methods has value. Specialized After Liposuction Surgery Compression Garments were critical in my technique. I used many different types of garments and each patient was fitted before surgery for a specific After Surgery Compression Garment depending on the problem and what was done.

Have you asked this doctor your questions? What were the answers? Do you have before pictures, progress pictures, and current pictures? What type of after surgery care was done? 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Liposuction Body Contouring
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything