Author Topic: Scar Forum - What is available to correct at least the leg scars?  (Read 3469 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Dr, In 1962 skin grafting was done badly on my 13 surgeries when i was 6..they made 10% scarring into 35% of body. I send My Story

I do hope my true story lifts you!: A couture designer that rose above the flames to win in fashion! -

What is available to correct at least the leg scars?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Scars can never be erased. Scar revision options depend on the original problem, what was done, healing, resources remaining, and many other factors best discussed after a thorough evaluation.

Scar Care is often best during the active evolution of the scars. Sometimes long term treatments are possible.

One starting step is the photographic documentation of the current scars and how they move. I have worked on providing standard picture techniques for many parts of the body. Checking my site, taking pictures, then reviewing how they show or do not show issues that bother someone is a method of advancing this more critical documentation. This forum was designed to stimulate such evolution. That way claims of something making the scars better can be better understood vs. undocumented claims of improvement.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Plastic Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything