Author Topic: Gynecomastia Forum - Painful Unilateral Gynecomastia Surgery Scheduled?  (Read 4585 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Gynecomastia is different for everyone, mine is Unilateral. It hurts physically, it's not as simple it seems. My surgery is coming up soon, I'm only 16. It's been bothering me for years, and my doctor said i NEEDED to have the surgery. So before anyone bashes it, you her to go through it.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Pain and discomfort are Symptoms of Gynecomastia that are Red Flags that should result in an evaluation by an experienced Endocrinologist before considering surgery.

Surgery Does Not Prevent Further Breast Growth
Surgery is not the first step in an unstable gynecomastia. The factors causing the breast to grow are not stopped by surgery and can result in recurrence.

During my many years of practice I saw many patients asking for Revision Gynecomastia with breast regrowth after other surgeons' failure to consider issues such as evaluation for unstable gynecomastia factors. 

I discuss this Red Flag System here: Gynecomastia Forum - What testing is needed for gynecomastia?

Unilateral Gynecomastia is the ultimate art of gynecomastia surgery. The surgeon is trying to make a one sided operation look like the other untouched side. That means a goal of perfection if the surgeon is going to achieve the goal of making the chest look good. More often this issue is actually Uneven or Asymmetric Gynecomastia. That is why when choosing a surgeon for this problem, you should be careful to check just how he / she addresses this specific problem. Look for before and after pictures of one sided gynecomastia to see their skills.

Gynecomastia Surgery Experiences also depend on the specific surgeon, the problem, and many other factors. I have posted a great deal of such examples that you can find starting on that last link. We also have a new section here in this forum for Gynecomastia Experiences.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything