Author Topic: suffering coz of my puffy nipples  (Read 16667 times)

Offline palani

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
suffering coz of my puffy nipples
« on: April 11, 2012, 10:07:04 AM »
Hi Doctor,

i started to have puffy nipple during the age of 14 now i am 28 and 2 years ago i underwent a liposuction treatment for my puffy nipple...even after the surgery the results are not good still feel my puffiness in my areola.i consulted with my surgeon about this and he said the nipple as well my aerola is normal.

i even consulted a different plastic surgeon in my country(India) and he also said the same.i wish to have a remote consultation with you doctor so i can have better understanding about my problem.

i am very much confused now.

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia - Re: suffering coz of my puffy nipples
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 12:57:53 PM »
Hi Doctor,

i started to have puffy nipple during the age of 14 now i am 28 and 2 years ago i underwent a liposuction treatment for my puffy nipple...even after the surgery the results are not good still feel my puffiness in my areola.i consulted with my surgeon about this and he said the nipple as well my aerola is normal.

i even consulted a different plastic surgeon in my country(India) and he also said the same.i wish to have a remote consultation with you doctor so i can have better understanding about my problem.

i am very much confused now.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Since I am retired, I no longer offer my Preliminary Remote Discussion.

Welcome to our forum.

I coined the name Puffy Nipple Complication After Gynecomastia Surgery for the problem many patients came to me for help after surgery done by other doctors. I saw so many of these asking for help, I started posting such requests on the site on pages such as Fixing Failures of New York Gynecomastia Liposuction Surgery. Other similar pages have easy linking there.

This topic has come up many times before such as: Gynecomastia Surgery Forum - Will Liposuction Remove Gland?.

There are options for most with the complication of residual puffy nipples after surgery. Such options depend on many factors such as the problem before, what was done, healing, after surgery care and many other factors.

Why not share with others your current contours by posting Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery Pictures?  Posting your before surgery pictures can show any difference the surgery made and you can check to see just how critical your surgeon was in documenting your before surgery condition.

We also have resources your can use such as How to Pick a Gynecomastia Surgeon. However, the images and examples to look for would be of Revision Gynecomastia surgery. Revising the chest is its own skill and art form.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline palani

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
Re: suffering coz of my puffy nipples
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 08:51:18 AM »
Hello doctor,

I will send you the pics of my chest this weekend however i do not have any pics which was taken before the surgery.Please let me know if you need anything else

Thank You,
Palani

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 09:02:01 AM »
Hello doctor,

I will send you the pics of my chest this weekend however i do not have any pics which was taken before the surgery.Please let me know if you need anything else

Thank You,
Palani

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Better surgeons do take pictures before surgery that can be of great value when trying to understand issues.

Since retirement, I no longer offer specific medical advice nor review of images sent to me. However, I can discuss general issues about images posted in public here on this forum.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline palani

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 01:43:30 PM »
Hello Doctor,

I am not able to attach the pics in here coz i dont see the attach feature.please let me know if you could assist me.(insert image and attachment feature doesn't work in here)

Thank You,

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 03:06:42 PM »
Hello Doctor,

I am not able to attach the pics in here coz i dont see the attach feature.please let me know if you could assist me.(insert image and attachment feature doesn't work in here)

Thank You,

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Here are the instructions on Posting Photographs Photos Images on SMF Simple Machine

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline palani

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
Re: suffering coz of my puffy nipples- pics sent
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 11:37:18 PM »
Hi Doctor,

I have uploaded my pics through picasa and all these pics are taken with room temp.The normal room temp in india will be 21 to 24 degree Celsius. These upload are taken from my mobile with 2mega pixel and i will try to get pics with higer pixel.

Please let me know if you advice me on this

here is the link below,

https://picasaweb.google.com/112770336652099675588/Pics?authkey=Gv1sRgCI_9tLLruqXaqwE [nofollow]

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
Re: suffering coz of my puffy nipples- pics sent
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 01:04:14 AM »
Hi Doctor,

I have uploaded my pics through picasa and all these pics are taken with room temp.The normal room temp in india will be 21 to 24 degree Celsius. These upload are taken from my mobile with 2mega pixel and i will try to get pics with higer pixel.

Please let me know if you advice me on this

here is the link below,

https://picasaweb.google.com/112770336652099675588/Pics?authkey=Gv1sRgCI_9tLLruqXaqwE

It can be quite difficult trying to understand contour problems when not seeing the entire pictures. That is what the Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures was designed to demonstrate in as complete a method I could evolve. You put up 31 pictures but have only one of the views required for my patients when I was still practicing. 

https://picasaweb.google.com/112770336652099675588/Pics?authkey=Gv1sRgCI_9tLLruqXaqwE#5737029519993526706

https://picasaweb.google.com/112770336652099675588/Pics?authkey=Gv1sRgCI_9tLLruqXaqwE#5737030166398745138

Yes, close up views can show scar issues, but you are missing the minimum standard series showing the different angles and muscle flexing.

We are not talking about volumes of pictures just the ones on that page plus any other specific ones that show additional concerns. At a minimum that should be those on that page. There is a check off box format and instructions that can be printed out. I did not use higher resolution images for my evaluations, they are of value when printing out images.

There are contour problems even with what you have shown.

Good documentation is the first step in understanding contour issues before and after surgery. Before surgery images can show the original problem. Scars and adhesion tend to show more with the dynamic muscle flexing views. Videos are even more critical in showing how tissues move, an issue for scars. If there are excess skin issues, then bending over views are useful.

Did the surgeon take before pictures? Did you look at examples of the surgeon's work before having the surgery? Do the results look like what the surgeon's other patients look like?

Revision surgery can sometimes be an option depending on remaining resources, scars, what was done. If liposuction was the only thing done, why are there long areola scars usually seen with gland excision?

Since retired, I will not be offering specific medical advice, but sharing general knowledge can be of value.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline palani

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 10:30:37 AM »
Hi Doctor,

I have undergone another cosmetic surgery to fix the puffy nipples but still the results aren't good.i have  undergone surgery with a different doctor here in india.it is now almost 10 days after the surgery and i am not satisfied with the results.

i have very very depressed.Dont know if there are any real good doctor who can fix my issue.

Doctor please help with this.i will post my pics after the second surgery after your reply

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 10:42:35 AM »
Hi Doctor,

I have undergone another cosmetic surgery to fix the puffy nipples but still the results aren't good.i have  undergone surgery with a different doctor here in india.it is now almost 10 days after the surgery and i am not satisfied with the results.

i have very very depressed.Dont know if there are any real good doctor who can fix my issue.

Doctor please help with this.i will post my pics after the second surgery after your reply

10 days can be early.

I no longer offer specific medical advice such as individual doctors names. However there was a great deal of experiences about picking doctors shared.

Sorry to hear your problems continue. Of the prior experiences, what did you do? How did you change how you picked the doctor? Did you check before after pictures? How does your result compare?

What was done?

And how does it look now?

Tell others so that they can better understand your concerns, what happened, and how to minimize such issues in the future.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates