Author Topic: Otoplasty Forum - Congenital Ear Deformity and Chances Children Will Have  (Read 2804 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Dear Dr. Bermant

I'd like to know what is exactly wrong with my ears. Both sides are the same and I was born with this deformity. I'm 20 years old and soon expecting my first baby and I would like to know what are the chances of my baby having the same deformity.

I've been searching for more information all my life.

Thank you

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

When I was in practice I evolved my Standard Otoplasty Ear Evaluation Pictures as a tool for patients to show me ear problems before coming to my office. In many cases I was able to come to a good idea what the problem was enough to set up a tentative surgery that would still require an in office examination for confirmation.

The single image was insufficient for such a discussion nor even being able to see the ear enough to guess what might be wrong. You are welcome to post standard images here and perhaps I can post links to similar cases on our resources.

Some ear deformities are passed down through families, others the odds are not fully known. As a retired doctor, I can discuss general issues from experience but no longer will offer specific diagnosis nor medical advice.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Otoplasty Ear Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything