Author Topic: Revision Otoplasty Forum - Big Ears After Surgery Will Macrotia Reduction Help?  (Read 3704 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hello, okay? I am Brazilian, I made an otoplasty, my ears were around each well head, however, in the view side I still feel very uncomfortable, since the lobules are large, the pinna tmb is great, and I do not have the fold of the helix perfect, they are very thin. I wonder if this aspect is to improve with surgery macrotia? You guys know me say here in Brazil have some surgeon in this operation? I'm sending some tmb fotus to review the case. From already thank you for attention!

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Revision Otoplasty Surgery is an art form. Options depend on the original problem, what was done, healing, scars, remaining blood supply and many other factors. The way my patients used to start was with our Standard Otoplasty Pictures to Evaluate Ears, a detailed history, and copies of prior operation(s).  In some cases, I needed to examine the ear itself to determine if revision surgery was possible.

When considering Macrotia Big Ear concerns, I also asked for Ear Measurements to better understand ear size issues. Macrotia reduction after prior otoplasty also has issues as to what ear blood supply could have been compromised by the previous operation(s).

The images you sent would not have been sufficient to start that process. That is why I created that precise set of instructions so that my patients when I was in practice could better demonstrate ear deformity issues. You are welcome to post these standard pictures so others can better understand your concerns. This forum was designed to be a meeting place between those with concerns and others who have a passion for that specific problem.

We have tools on How to Pick Your Otoplasty Surgeon. When using them, consider looking for the surgeon who can demonstrate skills in Revision Surgery and Macrotia Ear Reduction options. These are specific skills not all surgeon have.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Otoplasty Ear Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates