Author Topic: Revision Otoplasty - View From Side of Head Ear Still Looks Big  (Read 4385 times)

Offline elton rodrigo

• View Profile
hello! Personally, I did one otoplasty, and liked the results in front of the head, however, the side view of the face, they still remained great! I realized that my shell is large, and part of the helix is too thin, that one aspect of the ear
"Open", I wonder if there is any possibility of reducing the maximum, and the smaller size makes it possible! I am Brazilian and I am very complex with it, thank you for understanding, thank you from ja! I would like to post some pictures so they could see and help me, but I do not know how!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:31:48 AM by DrBermant »

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Revison Otoplasty - View From Side of Head Ear Still Looks Big
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 10:24:13 AM »
hello! Personally, I did one otoplasty, and liked the results in front of the head, however, the side view of the face, they still remained great! I realized that my shell is large, and part of the helix is too thin, that one aspect of the ear
"Open", I wonder if there is any possibility of reducing the maximum, and the smaller size makes it possible! I am Brazilian and I am very complex with it, thank you for understanding, thank you from ja! I would like to post some pictures so they could see and help me, but I do not know how!

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Welcome to our forum. Your post was moved to this Revision Otoplasty Section instead of our general greeting section.

Yes, it is important to understand the problem and surgical solution of ear deformity from many different perspectives, not just from the front. That is why I evolved my Standard Ear Pictures for Otoplasty. Carefully follow instructions for creating usable images so others can better understand your concerns.

We have a section on Posting Pictures, Photos, Photographs or Images on our SMF Simple Machine Forum Pages that should be a good starting point.

Measuring Ear Sizes is also important in understanding if an ear is large or not when considering Macrotia Large Ear Deformity

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Otoplasty Ear Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates