Author Topic: Revision Gynecomastia Forum - Puffy Nipples and Tenderness 2 Years Later  (Read 4038 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hi Dr,

Nice to meet you.  I had liposuction in my chest on --.  The surgery went great, when i saw my before and after pics i was amazed on the change i made.  i only have noticed one thing, my left nipple is a little puffy, compared to my right one.   When i touch it, it feels a little sensitive.  I spoke to surgeon about this about a month ago and he told me that it was normal and it will go away, but it's been two years already.  I'm about to look for another surgeon, this means i will have to spend more money just to take a look at it.  I will appreciate any recommendation you can give me.

Thanks,

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Welcome to our forums. There are many possible causes of the Puffy Nipple Complication after Gynecomastia Surgery, a term I coined after seeing so many unhappy patients after other surgeon's operations.  Here are some of the requests for help: Liposuction Alone Failure After Gynecomastia Surgery from Texas. There have been other forum discussions on this topic here such as: Gynecomastia Surgery Forum - Will Liposuction Remove Gland?

How tissues Heal and Evolve After Surgery depend on the original problem, what was done, after surgery care, Compression Garments After Surgery, and other factors. I initially encouraged but then after seeing the difference, mandated that my patients use our Second Stage Gynecomastia Garments as part of their scar care routine.

The examples on my web site were typical for my patients. They achieved their results quickly with minimal swelling or bruising. If a doctor's normal pattern of results takes 2 years or longer to see the results, I think that should be part of the education for what their patient should expect.

Tenderness can be a symptom of nerve injury / recovery as well as a Symptom of Gynecomastia glandular stimulation / growth. I have also seen it as the result of mechanical trauma of men stimulating their nipples to try to flatten them by contracting the areola muscle. That is why I emphasized that surgery is better reserved for stable gynecomastia.

I have published tools on How to Pick a Gynecomastia Surgeon. When evaluating their work, however, one should see results of how they manage revision surgery. This is a more complex and demanding operation.

Why not share your concerns by posting Standard Gynecomastia Revision Pictures so that others can better understand your concerns?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates