Author Topic: Gynecomastia Forum - Pill Failed, Muscles Build Under Fat, Want Surgery  (Read 5366 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Im 0nly about 140 and struggle with gynecomastia and would like to resolve the problem.I tried "diet aid of questionable value" and sadly that did not work. Ive tried working out but the muscleis just building under the fat. Please let me know when i could come get the procedure done.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Sorry I have yet to see a single case where that stuff actually worked. If something works, the advocates should be able to demonstrate such benefits with critical documentation such as my Standard Pictures for Gynecomastia. Yet after years of searching, The sites selling such substances seem to never have such proof. One might wonder why?

Over the years I saw many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia. A common complaint was as they build up muscle, what was on top, just got pushed out further.

As a retired surgeon, I no longer offer surgery myself. However, I have developed tools such as How to Pick Your Gynecomastia Surgeon.

If global fat is a significant contour contribution, then I advised my patients that surgery is not the first step. Posting the above mentioned standard pictures is a great way for others to better understand your concerns. Have you checked your BMI Body Mass Index and are you using a Body Fat Analyzer to determine what percentage is fat vs muscle or bone? I have recently added some nice new Wireless models to track the progress on smart phones and computers.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
What about clomid. I know its not fda approved for men but research sounds promising?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

What "promising research?" There are a few articles in the National Library of medicine, but nothing recent. If you are speaking of bodybuilding boards, where are the carefully documented before / after pictures and studies? None that I have ever seen. Perhaps that is why they are not FDA approved.

The body is a careful balance of the many interacting hormone systems. Clomiphene can change many different components forcing additional testosterone and has a mild antiestrogen effect. Antiestrogens such as Nolvadex can shrink breast gland that is currently swollen from stimulation "in the active phase". They will not resolve gland that has stabilized and in the "quiescent phase."  They have no effect on the fat of the breast.

Management of antiestrogens and other hormone influencing agents are best managed by an experienced endocrinologist. The antiestrogen can reverse the stimulation effect of too much estrogen that may help with active phase swelling of stimulated gland. They do not help with remaining gland. These and other medications carry significant risks, antiestrogens are primarily used in cancer therapy.

I have brought the question of antiestrogens up with many different Endocrinologists around the world over the years. Medical management is best for someone with abnormal hormone problems. That is part of my Red Flag System as to which patients should be evaluated by an Endocrinologist. When there are certain Symptoms of Gynecomastia that fit this system, then surgery is a bad idea until the problem is stabilized. Someone who has started some hormones or agents that alter the balance of hormones may have to wait until their system returns to its natural or off balance state to get accurate results When Testing is Needed for Gynecomastia. I can't count the number of times I heard moans from Endocrinologists when I was discussing another patient who had tried something on their own and now needed an evaluation. It can be frustrating to discover what a patient needs when this happens.

Here is one of our resources on when Gynecomastia Surgery is Indicated and my Red Flag System.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything