Author Topic: After Gynecomastia Surgery Forum - Incision Higher and Nipples Point Differently  (Read 4598 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
i had this done 4 weeks ago, my surgeon´╗┐ did not do as neat incision, he cut about 2mm higher through my nipples and they are not looking as i hoped they would, i was under the impression he was going to cut below my nips not through them! left nip points down with a slight inversion at the lower area, right nip points upward and protrudes/puffy at the bottom.

going for my 6 week check up soon and just looking for some advice on what to say to my surgoen as im not really happy with the result.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Why not post Standard Pictures For Gynecomastia Revision Surgery so that others can better understand your concerns.

I prefer to hide my incision at the edge of the areola chest skin interface. It is the best way to fool the eye to hide the scar. The direction a nipple points can be a factor of subtle contour issues directly under the nipple itself. Sometimes our standard photos need an additional set of close ups to demonstrate such issues. You can find such documentation techniques here on Standard Nipple Pictures, but in the case of gynecomastia, the main set of photographs would be required to understand more global issues.

Just how tissues evolve and Heal after Gynecomastia Surgery depend on the problem treated, skill of the surgeon, techniques used, after surgery care, Gynecomastia Compression Garments, and many other factors.

Unfortunately few surgeons show photos of the path patients take between the before and after surgery pictures. I did so that my patients would better understand what to expect from my methods. That may have been a factor why I was seeing patients from around the world who preferred what I was doing.

Did you look at before and after images of your surgeon before the operation? Are your results close to what you saw? These are issues critical in understanding if the results are typical for that surgeon.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything