Author Topic: Botox Forum - Botox and Lip Enhancements  (Read 3722 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Botox Forum - Botox and Lip Enhancements
« on: May 10, 2012, 11:42:12 AM »
Wow! That's pretty extensive! Do you offer botox or lip enhancements as well? Where are you located?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Considering that I am retired, I no longer offer treatments nor surgery. We do try to help share my vast experience and education, but no longer specific medical advice.

As a surgeon who loved how tissues moved, I never liked Botox nor lip enhancements. Watching how the face or mouth moves, I felt those options did not look good. Have you investigated before and after movies of what such options offered? Watch someone's mouth after such treatment to see if that is something you want. The problem, I have to date not seen a surgeon's show such issues. When I talked to my colleagues lecturing on the treatments, they told me that the still photographs were what they aimed for and that their patients were happy.

How to Evaluate Before and After Pictures is a tool to better understand such issues. I would like to see such a set evolve for the lips and mouth and that project I have had on the back burners for many years. I even asked a famous retired Plastic Surgeon for lip reconstruction to let me take pictures of his mouth for such animation issue demonstration. Still photos would be a start, but videos would be so much better for botox or lip fillers.

This topic has come up before:

Botox Plastic Surgery Forum - Why do promoters avoid before after videos?

Our website resources and discussion are available around the world.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Plastic Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything