Author Topic: gynecomastia scar and areola revisions  (Read 12697 times)

Offline freesoul

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
gynecomastia scar and areola revisions
« on: May 10, 2012, 08:17:02 PM »
I had my surgery few years ago. I thought there will be no scars or just small scar but after the surgery I had a very huge scars on my chest. The scars are casing me problem more than gynecomastia. I really need to know if there's any way to improve the look of the scar. I went to see a surgeon considering revision. he suggested that he will cut my old scars and redo it more nicely. And he also said my areola is big so he will make it smaller. Can any plastic surgeon do scar revision or there're surgeons specialized in scar revision. I'M 5'8'' and my weight is 200 lbs. do i need to lose weight first or should i do the surgery now. if I want to lose weight and gain some muscle will that affects my surgery. Because I'm afraid I will have skin movement limitation after the surgery. For how long should I wait after the surgery before I'm able to lift any thing heavy.  What should do to make the result good. PLEASE look at my pictures and tell me, what is the best way to deal with this problem?!

Thanks

How can I add picture here!!!!

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: gynecomastia scar and areola revisions
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 08:43:15 PM »
I had my surgery few years ago. I thought there will be no scars or just small scar but after the surgery I had a very huge scars on my chest. The scars are casing me problem more than gynecomastia. I really need to know if there's any way to improve the look of the scar. I went to see a surgeon considering revision. he suggested that he will cut my old scars and redo it more nicely. And he also said my areola is big so he will make it smaller. Can any plastic surgeon do scar revision or there're surgeons specialized in scar revision. I'M 5'8'' and my weight is 200 lbs. do i need to lose weight first or should i do the surgery now. if I want to lose weight and gain some muscle will that affects my surgery. Because I'm afraid I will have skin movement limitation after the surgery. For how long should I wait after the surgery before I'm able to lift any thing heavy.  What should do to make the result good. PLEASE look at my pictures and tell me, what is the best way to deal with this problem?!

Thanks

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Welcome to our group.

There was no image on your post, just the blank image tags. Here is Posting Photographs Photos Images on SMF Simple Machine .

Try using the Standard Pictures for Gynecomastia Revision which are designed to look at scar and tissue movement more critically.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline freesoul

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 03:36:32 AM »
How can I add pictures here!!!!

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 10:55:03 AM »
How can I add pictures here!!!!

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Welcome to our group.

These are the resources I have built so far:

Here is Posting Photographs Photos Images on SMF Simple Machine .

If they are not sufficient, then search the internet for Simple Machine Forum SMF adding pictures. I have not found any better than what I have designed so far.

Here is another step by step tutorial:
http://smftutorials.com/drupal/how-to-include-images-in-fourm-posts-tutorial

Try using the Standard Pictures for Gynecomastia Revision which are designed to look at scar and tissue movement more critically.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline freesoul

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 11:55:34 AM »
[nofollow]

Please, Have a look and tell me what options I have to make it look better

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 12:21:18 PM »

Please, Have a look and tell me what options I have to make it look better

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

You have uploaded your images to Imageshack, a service that removes anything that looks like a female breast even if it is gynecomastia as part of their censuring policies. You could try to complain to them about their ignorance or use our server to post your pictures as described in my link.

A single image does not tell the story when loose skin is involved as in Male Mastopexy chest lift gynecomastia surgery. That is why I added additional views for my Standard Pictures for Male Chest with Extra Skin to better define the problem or surgical solution. Even more critical are Male Mastopexy Movies for showing drooping, tissues, and how the body looks through normal animation like lifting arms up overhead and flexing pectoral muscles. We are looking to see the relationship of the nipples to the actual pectoral muscles and how well the scar for skin reduction has been hidden.

Seeing the original problem photos can also help with evaluation if the skin reduction scar was needed in the first place. The scars seen are typical for a Skin Reduction Male Chest Lift: a compromise surgery I reserved for the male chest with excess skin contributing to the contour deformity. Height, weight, and weight loss add to the picture of the problem addressed.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline freesoul

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 12:56:07 PM »
 I was hoping you could tell me, If there's anything can be done to improve the look of the scar. Should I consider scar revision.

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 05:10:05 PM »
I was hoping you could tell me, If there's anything can be done to improve the look of the scar. Should I consider scar revision.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

If I was still in practice, I would not offer a recommendation based on a single photo without the additional images, other details like operative report, and sometimes, if I felt a hands on evaluation were needed, the office exam. What you have posted so far is not enough to even guess what was the original problem with certainty nor what should be done.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline freesoul