Author Topic: Revision Tummy Tuck Forum - Victim of Cosmetic Surgery Gone Wrong Abdominoplasty  (Read 8656 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
@DrBermant hi from UK I'm a victim of cosmetic surgery gone wrong I had abdominoplasty / uplift boobs went wrong badly ;( hope u r well x x

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

There can be many possible Risks of Tummy Tuck or Complications of Breast Lift Surgery. I preferred to minimize the risks for my patients such as not combining the two at the same time.

Sometimes I was able to offer Revision Tummy Tuck for some individuals unhappy after surgery done elsewhere. Sometimes, I did not have any options for problems I saw. That is why prevention was so much better.

Standard Pictures For Tummy Tuck and Standard Pictures for Breast Lift are means to document the current problem. Videos are even more critical for showing problems. You are welcome to post such images so others can better understand your concerns.

This forum was designed for those looking to share their experiences, asking questions, and helping others. It is also designed to attract surgeons with a passion for Plastic Surgery problems and somewhere to demonstrate skills and solutions.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline Suemummy

• View Profile
Hi I'm su I went to turkey for a tummy tuck and uplift it all went wrong the skin turned black and I had to have 4 debridements and a skin graft the area is a big one snot 10 inches round my belly button is in the wrong place and it took me 9 months to heal ! Because I talked to a magazine the surgeon will not talk to me I'm hoping someone will be able to reconstruct my belly it's hideous!! Also my breasts are very badly scarred and the implants were too small 175cl ?? They are droopy and stretched  >:( >:(

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hi I'm su I went to turkey for a tummy tuck and uplift it all went wrong the skin turned black and I had to have 4 debridements and a skin graft the area is a big one snot 10 inches round my belly button is in the wrong place and it took me 9 months to heal ! Because I talked to a magazine the surgeon will not talk to me I'm hoping someone will be able to reconstruct my belly it's hideous!! Also my breasts are very badly scarred and the implants were too small 175cl ?? They are droopy and stretched  >:( >:(

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Welcome to our forum.

When I was still in practice, the first step was to document the current problem using the standard pictures mentioned in the prior post. The next step was to evaluate what happened. This included getting the documentation from the surgeon such as the operative report, patient records such as the history and consult report, and after surgery care. These can be helpful when a revision surgeon is trying to understand factors that may have contributed to the problems.

Beyond that, tissues need to heal before considering most revision surgery. This can take some time. Options will depend on the original problem, what was done during the surgery, what was done during the debridement, and many other factors.

Why did you travel to Turkey for your Tummy Tuck?

We have resources here on How to Pick a Tummy Tuck Surgeon, but in this case, the doctor should have examples of their skills at revision tummy tuck, breast lift revision, and or scar revision.

For my patients, Scar Care was stressed, it can be an important factor as well as a Second Stage Tummy Tuck Garment to help with pressure for scar maturation. The garments come in different lengths depending on clothing preferences. Some patients used more than one style for various outer clothing needs such as Abdominal Brief No Zipper After Tummy Tuck Second Stage Garment.

The breast is a separate issue and images / videos would have been the starting point too.

General issues that may complicate things can include bad scarring tendencies, and other issues that can be critical before considering any form of revision and for some other elective surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates