Author Topic: Gynecomastia Forum - Used to be fatty boy, what technique, what plastic surgeon?  (Read 2770 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hi Dr Michael!

As you can see in my gallery, I have Gynecomastia, I think I got it when I was 13 yo, when I used to be a fatty boy, since then I exercise and I have big pecs, but the gynecomastia doesn't go away. I'm scare to go to a plastic surgeon because I've seen lots of men who got this operation and now they have sunken nipples, maybe because they got a liposuction in this area, what should I do? is there another technique?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

I saw many Teenagers with Gynecomastia.   Gynecomastia usually does go away on its own. What has not resolved by 2 years usually does not. Making a teenager wait many years after that, makes no sense to me.

Weight Loss Before Gynecomastia Surgery is what I recommended my patients. That was just one example of the many who used that method before having surgery by me. It can help with the fat component but not the gland as seen in Anatomy of Gynecomastia. Gland and skin can remain deforming components. Adding weight, height, and bodyfat are also factors to consider. Here is my BMI Calculator and Body Fat Analyzer Reviews.

If there was a significant weight loss, Standard Pictures Male Chest After Weight Loss better defines loose skin component of the deformity. Consider posting them here to share your concerns with other.

I preferred my Dynamic Technique, targeting gland first. I discuss why in posts such as Gynecomastia Surgery Forum - Will Liposuction Remove Gland?. You are correct bad surgery can result in Crater Defects or Puffy Nipple Complications.

Here are resources I have posted on How to Pick Your Gynecomastia Surgeon.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates