Author Topic: Rhinoplasty Forum - Standard Pictures For Nose and Nasal Deformity  (Read 7465 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

How to Document Nasal Deformity, Contours of the Nose, and Results of Nasal Surgery Rhinoplasty and Reconstruction of Nose

My Standard Pictures for Rhinoplasty were evolved before my passion for the dynamic component.  Although there is not much movement in the nose during facial expressions, I have learned that a bad nose job can be seen while people are talking. Too late for me, now retired, but something to consider for anyone who has a passion for perfection. It really can show tissue pulling poorly over an inadequate nasal cartilage framework. Not a problem with my patients, just something I picked up watching faces of other surgeon's work. Not certain what ballet of expressions would bring that out but

• face relaxed
  • smile
  • opening mouth wide
  • wrinkling nose,
  • using facial muscles to pull mouth to left then to right

each set views would need at least front and sides would be a start for a dynamic assessment. I do not know how to visually document airflow other than the mirror placed under the nose, perhaps a video of that would also be a start. Remember, we are looking at the nose chin facial unit, especially when the chin is out of balance with the nose and needed augmentation as part of the sculpture.

My original guesses and eventual final standard sets did evolve as I tried the documentation methods over the years.

Have an idea, care to demonstrate it? Let us build a more critical documentation system.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, and Sculpture
Michael Bermant MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline beautybeauty

• View Profile
Re: Rhinoplasty Forum - Standard Pictures For Nose and Nasal Deformity
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 04:28:13 AM »
I've always been wondering if rhinoplasty is safe. There are a lot of rhinoplasty complaints (link spam removed) in the web, and I'm afraid this procedure is kind of dangerous..
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:29:53 AM by DrBermant »

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 04:56:35 AM »
I've always been wondering if rhinoplasty is safe. There are a lot of rhinoplasty complaints (link spam removed) in the web, and I'm afraid this procedure is kind of dangerous..

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Link spam is not welcome here to a page that did not even mention rhinoplasty or nose job. We welcome those posting their own rhinoplasty complaints or specific on topic resources. Our Standard Rhinoplasty Pictures were developed to document such concerns and problems.

There are real Risks and Complications for Rhinoplasty and these should be discussed by any competent surgeon before the surgery as part of the patient Rhinoplasty Consultation. However, such complications are rare in a good surgeon's practice. Yet, I saw many patients unhappy about their surgery done elsewhere. You can check for many such requests for help in our Rhinoplasty Questions / Answer Boards. Check the other links on our floating navigation bar or use our
Site Wide Plastic Surgery Search Engine.

That is why it is so critical to be careful when selecting a surgeon.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, and Sculpture
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline paulabron1

• Restricted Modification
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 10:53:49 AM »
Thank you very much for giving lots of information of Document Nasal Deformity , Contours of the Nose, and Results of Nasal Surgery Rhinoplasty and Reconstruction of Nose.