Author Topic: Gynecomastia Forum - 25 years ago 17 yo asks 4 help with surgery & Pec Implants  (Read 4246 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hello Doctor,

I am a seventeen y.o. boy who refuses to go swimming, to the beach, wear just a tee shirt, etc. 

I am planning to have gynecomastia surgery early in the summer.  Since I will be attending college in the fall, I am anxious to end this physical nightmare at this opportune time.  My questions are:  Can you recommend a good doctor in the Beverly Hills area?  Perhaps one who specializes in this type of surgery?  Also, my parents and I were considering pectoral implants also during surgery.  Is this medically out of the question?  Stupid?  Possible but dangerous? 

I assume that I am an excellent candidate for this procedure and hope you agree.  I am nervously excited about getting this procedure rolling!

Thank you!

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

I was browsing on my computer and found this request from 25 years ago for my help with gynecomastia. My response back then was primitive compared to what I evolved over the time in between.

This should not be construed as medical advice.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Your concerns are typical for a patient with gynecomastia.  Enlarged male breasts severely limit social activities for many. 

Patients with enlarged breasts rarely ask me to enlarge the breast with pectoral implants.  I do not like pectoral implants for cosmetic concerns and only use them in cases of traumatic, congenital, or tumor reconstruction.  Insurance companies are making it hard enough to get the appropriate medical care for gynecomastia without clouding the picture with bilateral pectoral implants.

I saw many patients from Gynecomastia Patients from California and around the world who preferred my techniques. Now we have designed resources on How to Choose Your Gynecomastia Surgeon.

Here are my views why Combining Pectoral Implants & Making Male Chest are a bad idea. If someone claims otherwise, look for movies to see how the pectoral muscles move with the implants in place flexing muscles and lifting arms up overhead. Standard Male Chest Movies tell the story of success or failure.

This was not the earliest I was involved helping someone with gynecomastia, by a long shot, that was about 40 years ago, while still in medical school. But I was still fascinated by it.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline thompat

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
Dr.Bermant, would you advice me personally? I'd like to have a paid session with you alongwith my doctor. Please accept my request.

Link Spam Removed.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:33:59 PM by DrBermant »

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Dr.Bermant, would you advice me personally? I'd like to have a paid session with you alongwith my doctor. Please accept my request.

Link Spam Removed.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Sorry, I am retired and no longer offer medical advice.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates