//pvii begin //pvii end

Author Topic: liposuction redo  (Read 5500 times)

msdarla818

liposuction redo
« on: June 14, 2012, 02:25:45 AM »
I've had two stomach liposuctions in the past 5 years.  The first time I was left with a lumpy stomach.  The second time, I had the kind of liposuction that used laser technology to emulsify the fat first .... still the same result.  Then got thermage post op, no difference.
Help!  Dr. Steven Svehlak who fixed Tara Reid's stomach is someone I've thought of consulting.  Any thoughts or ideas or other recommendations?  I don't want to go to yet another surgery unless I feel more confident of a better result.  I've also heard of dermasonic massage as a noninvasive post op treatment to help with the lumpiness but understand that may be a temporary answer.  Any thoughts on that?

Frustrated!

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: liposuction redo
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 02:55:02 AM »
I've had two stomach liposuctions in the past 5 years.  The first time I was left with a lumpy stomach.  The second time, I had the kind of liposuction that used laser technology to emulsify the fat first .... still the same result.  Then got thermage post op, no difference.
Help!  Dr. Steven Svehlak who fixed Tara Reid's stomach is someone I've thought of consulting.  Any thoughts or ideas or other recommendations?  I don't want to go to yet another surgery unless I feel more confident of a better result.  I've also heard of dermasonic massage as a noninvasive post op treatment to help with the lumpiness but understand that may be a temporary answer.  Any thoughts on that?

Frustrated!

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

The issue about revision surgery is defining the problem which can be one of contour excess, deficit, scarring, how tissues move, and how the tissues feel. Liposuction is an element of many types of Plastic Surgery such as Tummy Tuck and Gynecomastia.

Such too much away and there is noting left to permit the skin to move over the muscle as in this Extended Crater Deformity After New York Revision Surgery. Although the still pictures show the problem, watch the video to see the degree of deformity.

Here is another case where there was just no tissue left between the skin and the muscle leaving a deformity corrected with my Revision Tummy Tuck

Options for treatment depend on the problem involved, but the starting point is defining the deformity with

Standard Pictures of the Stomach or even more critically by something like our Tummy Tuck Videos.

We have resources here for How to Pick Tummy Tuck Doctor.

Revision Liposuction just like Revision Tummy Tuck are really art forms. One needs to look for a surgical sculptor where you can evaluate the problem and the quality of the work done.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Liposuction Body Contouring
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

msdarla818

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 09:49:51 PM »
any idea the minimum number of stomach liposuction revisions a doctor should have done to be experienced?

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 10:17:09 PM »
any idea the minimum number of stomach liposuction revisions a doctor should have done to be experienced?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

It is not so much as a number of cases. I saw horrific scars from incompetent surgeons who had done many liposuction surgeries. The surgeons just had a good PR machine in place and hid the quality of their results behind limited photographs and not having movies show how the tissue moved. Check out our various Guides on selecting a surgeon to see other factors, but numbers alone are not a great way. With liposuction being a core element technique for so many different types of plastic surgery, it also makes it difficult to put a number of cases. It is like how many meals needed the spoon out of the set. So it is a matter of understanding the nature of the tool and the doctor's skill in yielding that tool.

Why not put up a  Standard Set of Stomach Pictures for Tummy Tuck to demonstrate the problem and if there is any loose skin component. That is the difference in the Standard Liposuction Pictures. There are also surgeons who try to use liposuction to tighten the skin, and that can factor into the results which is why when I was practicing, we added the dynamic views to demonstrate the scars and loose skin component. Posting a video is even more critical going through the ballet of orchestrated moves as in our Tummy Tuck Video. That way others can better understand your concerns and you can learn how to document your current condition as well as better evaluate a surgeon's photos.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Liposuction Body Contouring
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything