Author Topic: Eyelid Plastic Surgery Forum - Latisse treatments for my eyelashes Questions  (Read 4822 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
I'm thinking of getting Latisse treatments for my eyelashes.
I'm a wuss when it comes to putting things in my eyes - do the drops hurt? Also, how often do I have to use it before the long lashes appear?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

I never offered that option as I had concerns. It would be nice to see some Standard Eyelid Pictures carefully documenting the eyelashes before, after and the time it took to get there. Sequential documentation is critical for comfort. I see that my eyelid picture page will need to be updated to bring it into alignment with my newer parts of my site.

But the long term pictures are what concerns me the most. What happens if someone decides to stop using the treatment?  Do the eyelashes return to what they were before? Do they look worse? Do they stay longer? I have heard stories, also not documented that there have been problems. What does a typical case look like at 1 or 2 years? That is the issue when starting out with a new treatment.

In looking at their site, they show before, 8 weeks and 16 weeks for this review, but could not find longer. They claim return to what had before if treatment stops, but I could not find pictures. I did like the multiple angle views with different subjects. That aspect was nice as long as the results were typical.

If you have such documentation of success or problems, why not post them here. Share the success or problems with others. Even more critical would be movies or video showing the look before, after, progression of what it took to get there, and long term effects.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Blepharoplasty Eyelid Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline Nancy Pike

• Restricted Modification
    • View Profile
I live in Florida and I am willing to find the right surgeon that will do the good job for Eyelid. My friend suggests me going to Miami for that, anybody has any experience or other recommendation for me. Thanks !!

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
I live in Florida and I am willing to find the right surgeon that will do the good job for Eyelid. My friend suggests me going to Miami for that, anybody has any experience or other recommendation for me. Thanks !!

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

You have posted in a thread about eyelash lengthening medical treatment.

What type of problem of the eyelid to you have?  There are different types of eyelid surgery for different problems. Different doctors can specialize in spacific types of eyelid surgery.

Eyeid Ptosis Surgery for drooping upper lid.

Ectropion Eyelid Surgery for drooping lower lid.

Reconstructive Eyelid Surgery to reconstruct and repair defects of birth, trauma, or tumor.

And, there are many other types I used to offer.

So what problem are you looking to address?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Blepharoplasty Eyelid Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates