Author Topic: Plastic Surgery Forum - Wants Plastic Surgery Course in Affordable Country  (Read 2969 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
dear sir,i am a gr8 fan of plastic surgery & a doctor.can you suggest me where can i join plastic surgery course in a affordable country ?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

It takes so much more than a course to make a Plastic Surgeon as you can see in the CV of Dr. Bermant. I have outlined some of these issues in our resource about what it takes to be a Plastic Surgeon or what requirements were to Board Certification in Plastic Surgery. It takes years of residencies and so many courses. Actually there are requirements to continue that training with hundreds of hours of courses each year.

Thus it normally requires a life passion to go into Plastic Surgery and years of endeavor. Yet some try to get away with just a course or so and I have seen some hideous results from some calling themselves "plastic surgeon" without such training or effort.

Yet other doctors do make such decisions and that is why there are many pathways that end up in real Plastic Surgery training programs that take 3 years or more just for the basic starting point. Fellowship further specialization goes beyond that. If you are looking at what residencies are available in what countries, sorry, I no longer keep up to date with that information.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Plastic Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything