Author Topic: Broken Nose Forum - Nose Broken By Rough Boyfriend Help Make It Right For Free  (Read 4613 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Dear Doctor,

Do you ever do any charitable surgery for the poor? I know a woman who had her nose broken by a rough boyfriend. I don't think she ever had the money to make it right. Do you ever give your services for free for such a cause? Thank you for your time.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Deformity after Nasal Fractures comes in many different degrees and possible problems. When I was in practice still managing this, the best time to address such issues is before the swelling right after the trauma as discussed here: Nasal Fracture Board - Timing to Fix Broken Nose. The next best window was before the bones had healed, within days of injury shortly after the swelling went down.

A Nasal Fracture can deform both the shape of the nose and block the airway. Nasal Fracture Deformity can come in different degrees. This involved usually a closed reduction and splinting of the nose and sometimes the septum. Rarely it involved Open Reduction and Internal Fixation of the nasal fracture. . In my opinion, the earliest intervention is what helped minimize the deformity.

Even with reduction, some nasal deformities still occurred. These then were managed with Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty for Bent Nose or one of many other possible variations.

Living with a deformed nose can be difficult. Sorry, I am retired and no longer offer surgery of any type. The story sounds sad. You and or your friend are welcome to post details or explain more here if you wish. Perhaps someone else would be able to offer direct help. Sorry, this forum cannot act as an agent in between and will not be able to forward questions nor offers of assistance.

This forum was set up for those looking for help to ask and discuss issues with those who who have a passion for this problem or who have experiences to share.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, and Sculpture
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates