Author Topic: Revision Gynecomastia Forum - Sagging After Donut Lifts 6 Months Ago  (Read 4224 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
A Patient over 35 is Status Post Gynecomastia Surgery with bilateral donut hole lifts over 6 months ago and the left breast has significant skin sagging. What is the best treatment option? skin removal, more aggressive donut hole, exercise????

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Sorry, there is insufficient information. Why was the donut hole lift done? Excess Skin and Gynecomastia involves a series of compromises.

Male Mastopexy Chest Lift is a series of compromises. Understanding the original problem with Standard Pictures for Loose Skin of the Male Chest, weight loss, BMI, Body Fat Analysis, history, and many other factors were all part of the details needed to understand the nature of the original problem. Then I would look at the operative report, after surgery care and other details to see what was done.

Revision Gynecomastia Surgery issues needs to look at how well the original problem was dealt with or was there surgery that created the problem as in this Giant Areola Complication From Initial Unnecessary Donut Mastopexy. My Standard Pictures for Revision Gynecomastia adds additional views to see how scar tissue moves, but are there still redundant skin issues? In my Male Nipple Exam I would measure the distance between the lowest areola and the lowest attachment of the pectoralis muscle to see what type of droop is there. The after surgery bending over views tend to show excess skin nicely, that is why they were added for loose skin assessment. Did the surgeon show before and after pictures for chest lift with patients only standing upright? Why was the donut mastopexy done? How was it done? What type sutures were used? That is why reviewing the operative report was so important.

Then after surgery was there weight loss, loss of muscle mass or other issues? There are too many unanswered questions for a valid answer. Anyone giving a "definitive" suggestion based on such little information is someone surely to avoid. It is a question instead of defining the original problem, what was done, what happened after surgery, and other such issues.   There are many unanswered questions and too many variables.

This forum is designed to discuss such issues. Posting standard pictures here and other details is a start. I no longer offer specific medical advice, but can share my general knowledge as I have done elsewhere on this forum.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates