Author Topic: Breast Lift Forum - Never Happy Results 33 Years Ago Wants Revision True Artist  (Read 4904 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Dear Dr. Bermant, I had cosmetic breast left surgery in NYC about 33 years by a Dr. -. I was never happy with the results, as my breasts weren't even closely symmetrical. I consulted her again a few years later, but decided to put revision surgery off as I wanted to have children. My nipples are not on the same level (a few inches difference), and I have silicone implants (which I never wanted to begin with), but was told that without them I'd be an A cup. I am now a DDD, and not happy about that. If I were to have the surgery again, are there plastic surgeons who specialize on breast surgery, and are true artists?. I saw your website, and liked your before and after photos. I live on Long Island 35 minutes outside of Manhattan. I would even considering traveling for the surgery. Thank you in advance for your input. I know it is a lot of go through, and I want to be happy with the results.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Are  you speaking about Mastopexy Breast Lift Surgery when saying:
cosmetic breast left surgery

Travel for Breast Lift Surgery brings a whole spectrum of new doctors into the equation for choice. But the problem becomes one of seeing real results through the marketing hype with limited view photos & documentation. Retired, I am no longer a possibility for revision. But I did see patients who traveled from around the world who preferred my techniques. However, this forum brings the power of discussion and sharing my experiences, but without offering specific medical advice.

Options for revision depend on the original problem, what was done, what has happened since that time, and many other factors. The problem is that critical factors are ignored by many in the documentation of breast sagging problems and results. That is why I evolved my Standard Breast Lift Pictures or even more critical Breast Lift Videos.  For breast, I think how they look during normal body activities, sports, and moving about are all issues to be documented and demonstrated. That is why I added arms up overhead and arms on hips pectoral muscles flexing to show just what the breast implant does to the result, for good or bad. Bending over views really show the problem and just how good the solution is, but can be offensive for some, which is why I took them for my documentation, but did not put the female versions up on the website. You can see the power of this concept on the Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Standard Pictures or again more critically the Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Videos and Movies. The bending over views are a powerful statement of how effective (or not) the surgery was or dramatic the problem to have been treated. Learning How to Evaluate and Use Before and After Pictures is one of the keys to picking your Surgical Sculptor and Artist because unfortunately Not All Artists Have the Same Skills Nor Achieve the Same Results

The implant type, location, scars around, and other factors come into play for someone seeking revision options after breast lift with implant. I just did not like how the implants looked on natural movement, which is why I did not offer that option for my breast lift patients.

Travel brings recovery into the equation. Just what happens in between the before and after pictures, an element critical for patients who were seeing me from around the world. Breast Lift Recovery pictures are featured on my site to show variations I saw with my techniques and my patients. But my surgery was designed to optimize this recovery and lessen the amount of bruising and swelling. Not all surgeons offer the same methods, which is why it is so important to look for such documentation by the surgeon you are looking at.

I have yet to build the section on specific suggestions for finding a Breast Lift Surgeon, but you can extrapolate from our How to Pick Your Gynecomastia Surgeon and replace the picture details with those discussed above.

You are welcome to join us in this discussion, share your experiences, what made you unhappy. Posting standard pictures is one way to document the current condition. This forum was set up as a meeting place for those seeking help and those with a passion for a particular type of surgical sculpture and a way to show those skills.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Plastic Surgery and Female Breast Sculpture
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline GordonLee

• View Profile
Thank you for replying to my question.  Is there a name to the technique you prefer to use in breast lift surgery. so I can discuss this with potential plastic surgeons?  I heard of a surgeon in California who makes  internal slings in the breasts for added support . I am interested in more information so I can make a informed decision on a plastic surgeon for breast surgery, especially since you seem uncomfortable recommending other surgeons whose techniques you like.  How do you discover if a particular surgeon is especially proficient in breast surgery?   

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Thank you for replying to my question.  Is there a name to the technique you prefer to use in breast lift surgery. so I can discuss this with potential plastic surgeons?  I heard of a surgeon in California who makes  internal slings in the breasts for added support . I am interested in more information so I can make a informed decision on a plastic surgeon for breast surgery, especially since you seem uncomfortable recommending other surgeons whose techniques you like.  How do you discover if a particular surgeon is especially proficient in breast surgery?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Sorry, I no longer offer such specific medical advice. Now I just share my general knowledge and experience such as the extended resources on how to pick surgeons based on how the results move instead of a limited look at only one or two views,

My Tumescent Breast Lift is an intense surgeon skilled technique requiring spacial judgment of breast tissue potentially distended by the local anesthesia which enabled the comfort, bruising, and almost bloodless fields. Seeing a surgeons use my  Standard Breast Lift Before After Videos, my Standard Before and After Breast Lift Pictures and path taken to get there such as Breast Lift Recovery can be quite revealing of that surgeon's sculpture skills.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Breast Lift Mastopexy in Women
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 03:50:15 AM by DrBermant »
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News