Author Topic: Reconstructive Plastic Surgery Forum - Hypospadias Congenital Standard Photos  (Read 3437 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

There can be valid reasons in some circumstance to not have before and after Pictures.  For instance, I decided not to include my before and after pictures of hypospadias genitalia reconstruction when I was setting up my website years ago. I did have slides to show my patient's and families when I was offering that operation during the consultation. My standard views for that included how the urine stream flowed. The surgery result was rebuilding the tube of the urethra to the tip of the penis, and a good flow without spray was one of the hallmarks of success. Yet, even I had problems documenting some aspects such as a straight erection. This was tested during surgery to insure a release of the scarred deformity. Adults were asked about it as part of their recording results. Many years later, I see some genitalia reconstruction sites with before after pictures. Times have changed, but I still have not taken my before and after examples to include on the site.

What are your thoughts? Join discussion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates