Author Topic: Nipple reduction surgery?  (Read 4417 times)

Offline bingo296

• Restricted Modification
    • View Profile
Nipple reduction surgery?
« on: September 24, 2012, 09:11:53 PM »
Is there anyone out there that has done nipple reduction surgery? I'm 23 and to be perfectly honest my breasts are fine I''m just not happy with how big my nipples are. It's almost laughable they are so huge it makes me look like I came from a prehistoric tribe. I'm okay with the sizes of my breasts but do you know if breast implants will make the nipples stay the same size or bigger or smaller? My guess is they stretch so it's not for me. I just ask because if it would make them smaller some how I would want to look into it. Thanks everyone!

Spam Link Image removed
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 02:40:32 AM by DrBermant »

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Nipple reduction surgery?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 03:15:07 AM »
Is there anyone out there that has done nipple reduction surgery? I'm 23 and to be perfectly honest my breasts are fine I''m just not happy with how big my nipples are. It's almost laughable they are so huge it makes me look like I came from a prehistoric tribe. I'm okay with the sizes of my breasts but do you know if breast implants will make the nipples stay the same size or bigger or smaller? My guess is they stretch so it's not for me. I just ask because if it would make them smaller some how I would want to look into it. Thanks everyone!

Spam Link Image removed

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

What are asking about, the areola or anatomic nipple?

In my Inverted Nipple Anatomy Drawing, the areola is the pigmented surrounding structure, and the anatomic nipple the central projection, which in some women continues with the areola with no fold or break.

Male Long Nipple Reduction is a different since duct function is not at issue.

Male Areola Reduction Picture Gallery demonstrates the reducing nature of this sculpture as the chest breast are being deflated. Breast implants, enlargement, can see the opposite, a stretching of the areola tissue, depending on the forces applied by the size change. But a reduction with implant, makes little sense. Check out the balloon demonstrations in that gallery. But instead of letting the air out left to right images, go the other way with more air (implant) and you see the demonstration. In some dynamics the diameter will increase or remain the same, but not decrease.

Spam Link Image Removed
When preventing hypertrophic scars after a surgical excision, I understand that 5-FU injections and the application of pressure during the initial acute healing period are among the various treatments available.

However, I have read that 5-FU injections should not be simultaneously combined with exerting pressure on the wound site, such as wearing a pressure garment. Is this true? If yes, what is the reason?

Hypertrophic scars are an issue with elective cosmetic surgery as the deformity from bad scars can be worse the the deformity to be sculpted. Even great Scar Care only lowers the risk of the scars. Someone who tends to scar badly should discuss such issues with their surgeon or accept the risks of potential disaster themselves.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Breast Reduction in Women
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates