Author Topic: Insurance Issue  (Read 5527 times)

Offline Pam_T_Silas

• Restricted Modification
    • View Profile
Insurance Issue
« on: October 04, 2012, 05:45:15 AM »
Hello dear friends!
I want to know that whether we can insure ourself before breast operation because most of the policies are active after some duration of time. Is there any policy which can cover after a week after getting it?

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Insurance Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 06:02:56 AM »
Hello dear friends!
I want to know that whether we can insure ourself before breast operation because most of the policies are active after some duration of time. Is there any policy which can cover after a week after getting it?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Welcome to our discussion forum. Insure for what? What are you trying to get covered? I do not understand you question about Breast Reduction Surgery.

Is this about Should Insurance Cover Breast Reduction Surgery?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Breast Reduction in Women
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline Pam_T_Silas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:10:16 AM »
This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Welcome to our discussion forum. Insure for what? What are you trying to get covered? I do not understand you question about Breast Reduction Surgery.

Is this about newbielink:http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/breast_red_crit.html [nonactive]

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About newbielink:http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/breast_reduction/index.html [nonactive]

I mean to say that whether it cover after surgery? Because most of the insurance policy not cover the previous problems.

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 05:15:22 AM »

Is this about Should Insurance Cover Breast Reduction Surgery?

I mean to say that whether it cover after surgery? Because most of the insurance policy not cover the previous problems.

Sorry, still not clear. Cover what after surgery? The surgery itself, a complication, time off or what are you asking about being covered? Also what type of breast surgery?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline Pam_T_Silas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 12:16:28 AM »
Sorry, still not clear. Cover what after surgery? The surgery itself, a complication, time off or what are you asking about being covered? Also what type of breast surgery?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About newbielink:http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/breast_reduction/index.html [nonactive]
[/quote]

I mean to say that if we have previous problem and we avail an insurance policy then whether it cover it or not if surgery or such other treatment done for that problem?

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 12:27:07 AM »

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon

I mean to say that if we have previous problem and we avail an insurance policy then whether it cover it or not if surgery or such other treatment done for that problem?

Sorry, you are speaking with non specifics about a topic that varied so much and was managed by my office staff for an office now closed. Each company seemed to change what they covered and did not.

Just not a solution for more of an answer that should be directed to the doctor you are working with. Speaking generalities about vague questions has little value.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Plastic Surgery
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:53:21 AM by DrBermant »
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News