Author Topic: Revision Gynecomastia Forum - Crater After UK NHS surgery Review Photographs  (Read 4155 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
I live in the uk, I'm a 33 yr old male who undergone gynecomastia surgery in 2009. I managed to get it done on the nhs while initially happy with the result upon waking from anaesthetic he told me (surgeon) that my right side was not as good as my left as he discovered my ribcage stuck out more on that side and was less due to gynecomastia.. I felt this was nonsense as I knew my body and I felt before surgery I had an equal amount of tissue to be removed/liposucted (I had both lypo and gland excision)

However after few months after surgery while I was amazed at the flatness of my chest I noticed on a video of yours I found on you tube that on animation I had a crater that had formed on that side (not to the point of the poor chap on the video I've seen) there is still fat there! My result "looks good"

I'm just not happy after lifting weights again that immediately around the nipple area it creases on both sides and dents almost as tho there is a 50% reduction in that area of fat when flexed...
On normal pose it looks (ok)

I see you have retired and know you done some wonderful work.. I was watching your work before I had my surgery yet not being in a position to afford surgery myself at the time opted for nhs surgery.

I'm in a position to one day have revision surgery if you feel it would be worth it.. And if there would be a better outcome etc..

To sum up.. If I could send you some photos of my chest relaxed and flexed for you to look at and advise me (with your experience and expertise) if and what (upon finding the right surgeon) if the process would be worth while.

Kindest regards

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Thank you for your kind words about my surgical sculpture. Flatness is nice, but I prefer natural results that look good living life, in animation, flexing, and activities.

I coined the term Crater Deformity for the defects I was seeing from bad Gynecomastia Surgery by other surgeons who just did not seem to grasp critical elements of this sculpture. This complication comes in different degrees.

The YouTube Video lacks much information about the problem of this Extended Crater Defect After Failed  Gynecomastia Revision Surgery By New York Surgeon. I can put so much more learning experience in a page I write vs just the YouTube raw video.

Revision Gynecomastia Surgery is an art form, not all surgeons have the same skills. Pick the wrong surgeon, and something that I could have fixed was converted into something without resources left, unless you like that horrible scarred down look on flexing or animation. Still photos just do not tell the entire story is the point of the complication resource page I wrote.

Retired, I no longer offer private communication by email or messages nor specific medical advice. However, check other posts here, I try to share my general knowledge when pictures are posted here.

My Revision Gynecomastia Pictures was designed to more critically evaluate scars and how tissues move. How to Post Pictures in Forum. Even more revealing as you saw, are Standard Gynecomastia Video and that you can upload to Youtube or some other source and link here.

You are welcome to join our discussion group, post photos, use our resources such as How to Pick a Gynecomastia Surgeon and help others better learn how to avoid problems you encountered. Posting about compromises, when to just accept results, can also be a valuable both for the writer and those trying to learn.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates