Author Topic: dating  (Read 3595 times)

Offline Louise

• View Profile
dating
« on: October 13, 2012, 01:29:16 PM »
im so self conscious about the scars from my breast reduction. they have healed well but they are still so visible and look so unattractive. i cannot get over this and it ruins every relationship i get into. i dont want to be hiding my body if i am in love and i want my partner to be turn ed on by my body but how can they be when its covered in scars. i look so disfigured. please help

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: dating
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 02:31:09 PM »
im so self conscious about the scars from my breast reduction. they have healed well but they are still so visible and look so unattractive. i cannot get over this and it ruins every relationship i get into. i dont want to be hiding my body if i am in love and i want my partner to be turn ed on by my body but how can they be when its covered in scars. i look so disfigured. please help

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Welcome to our forum.

The compromise of any breast reduction surgery is the access point to get to the tissue to sculpt, and surface scars from skin reduction.

The question of Should Breast Reduction Surgery Be Done is a compromise of the problem to be treated.  Some patients are just not appropriate candidates for the operation because of scarring. Risks of Breast Reduction Surgery that should be part of the consultation. I refused to offer elective surgery on patients who I could see had bad scarring issues. Skin Scars for Breast Surgery are a component of this sculpture. The concept of Short Scar Technique trades a shorter scar for how well the skin can adjust to excess left behind. However, even a shorter scar is still a scar. Therefore doing this surgery requires patient education, surgeon judgement, and skills. Some patients saw the limitations of this surgery and decided to live with their breasts, but that is what education is supposed to be about before the operation.

The quality of the scar after breast reduction is a function of the original problem, what was done, surgeon skill, After Brest Reduction Care, patient healing, Scar Care, and other factors. Scar revision is sometimes an option. But, I really pushed the envelope for each of my patients for each step of the way to minimize this problem. But some surgeons do not have the same skills or there are complications after surgery.

I designed my Standard Breast Reduction Pictures to document the problem and my typical scars. These helped my patients learn about the limitations of my skills. Breast Reduction Videos are even more critical showing how breasts move and the nature of the scars on living life. Scars and disfigurement of breast shape can go beyond the body tissue. Scar revisions rarely make scars shorter. Revision Surgery replaces scars with new scars and if the patient has a bad tendency to scar and all the technical components were optimized, then the chance for improvement is less.

Emotional scars can also be powerful issues. I saw many patients unhappy after surgery done elsewhere. Many had a spouse as part of the process. When I asked, overpowering sentiment was that it was the person they loved and the scars were not a factor. Here are some of my patient Breast Reduction Experiences to show how videos can also be used to express your current concerns and problems.

You are welcome to post your pictures before after or at least document the scar concerns now so others can better understand your problems. Did your surgeon go over scar issues of breast reduction before the operation? Did you look at before after pictures? Did your results look like your surgeon's before and after pictures? These are all issues to think about.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Breast Reduction in Women
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates