Author Topic: Gynecomastia Forum - Insensitive Comment Breasts of Men: Learning Not to Hurt  (Read 5878 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Comment from YouTube Poster to Gynecomastia Video During Surgery:

That looked like a lot of work for something that isn't a health problem

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

How sadly insensitive to the pain and mental anguish some individuals suffer. You obviously have no clue how tortured some feel about such issues. There can be a great deal of Emotions of Living with Gynecomastia. Over the decades of helping those with this contour, I have heard horrible tales of emotional torture inflicted that amaze me over the sometimes cruel nature of the uninformed. Education is power for most good people. That is the purpose of this forum and our site. Join us to talk about this and learn more. Not everyone is bothered by having male breasts as in this Kleinfelter Syndrome Gynecomastia Content with Contour. Yet other men actually love female breasts on their body.

Suggest you take the time to learn more before adding to the hurt of others and contribute to their emotional harm.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

How sadly insensitive to the pain and mental anguish some individuals suffer. You obviously have no clue how tortured some feel about such issues. There can be a great deal of Emotions of Living with Gynecomastia. Over the decades of helping those with this contour, I have heard horrible tales of emotional torture inflicted that amaze me over the sometimes cruel nature of the uninformed. Education is power for most good people. That is the purpose of this forum and our site. Join us to talk about this and learn more. Not everyone is bothered by having male breasts as in this Kleinfelter Syndrome Gynecomastia Content with Contour. Yet other men actually love female breasts on their body.

Suggest you take the time to learn more before adding to the hurt of others and contribute to their emotional harm.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon

fine I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. I am not judging anyone who elects to do the procedure. I still think though that it seems a surgical procedure such as this should be a last resort after you've tried just accepting your body. I know personally I've learned to come to terms with gynecomastia and baldness. I am not proud of it or in love my looks. I just worked really hard at acceptance.

People need to hear from those who are affected. The tales of torture told to me from patients seeking my help were just obscene and hateful when people force their own ideals on body concepts on others. When a grade school gym teacher ridicules a young boy with gynecomastia in front of the class twisting the nipples or forcing them to play "Skins" without shirt, I have no respect for that "educator" traumatizing that person. The emotional scars I heard from so many for so many years can be deep and painful.

Accepting deformity and living with what we have is fine, just do not hurt others who have different values. Instead methods of helping to achieve contours without embarrassment such as Body Shaping Garments was how I approached the matter. We had sample garments in our office. They could try one one on in front of a mirror and see what the change was like. We told them to jump up and down, bend over and see what it looked like with a flat chest. The magic was in their faces. They lit up a burden lifted. Most did not want to take the vest off and purchased it on the spot. Yet others felt it was too much and they did not need it.  For some, the garment helped motivate weight loss. For others it gave relief until their yet unsolved medical problem could stabilize or they could afford surgery. Yet others it permitted them to realize that their body was fine.

But then what about acceptance for other beauty tools like make up, clothing, or bodybuilding? Each tool has its powers, limitations, and values. Surgery is just another tool for change when applied skillfully and the patient can better understand their options.

You are welcome to join the discussion and share your views.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile

great response, wow truly a great reponse. i suffer from gynocastemia, went to a whitewater rafting and it was the worst experience ever not being EVER able to take off your shirt. not only that, but the fact that every weekend i go out to bars i must wear spanx or some sort of compression to even wear normal button-downs without having my moobs stick out like cones. i'm 5"11 and weigh only 170. i only wish to graduate so i can save money for this procedure, it'll be late tho missing college yrs

Thank you. I was just passing on requests from so many years of angry people that had kept their emotions silent.

Moobs, Man Boobs, also known as Gynecomastia can be a major problem to live with. The problem with garments, is that they are not all the same. Each brand and style has advantages and limitations. We settled on this  Stage 2 Compression Vest for Body Shaping Garments for Male Chest. Many men trying on this one told us it was so much better than what they had bought. It was really nice having an office where they could experiment with the garment before buying. Retired, that is no longer an option. But I set up a before and after picture and video gallery to demonstrate the power on different body types to demonstrate its powers.

For my patients engaged in water sports, I passed on the value of using compression for water. Search Amazon for Wetsuits

They too come in different thickness, styles, and degrees of effectiveness for compression of the chest. Many shops permit trying on the garment before purchase. Doing it in front of the mirror can serve the same function of what we were doing in our office. However, it certainly is convenient to shop online. I tried to approach several garment manufacturers to set up a demonstration of the power of the wetsuit. Perhaps if anyone who is using this method can post here their before and after wetsuit and brand we can start a product review and demonstration of just how effective that particular product is.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates