Author Topic: Gynecomastia Forum - I am 16 Recently Got Gyno Will It Go Away?  (Read 6526 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Gynecomastia Forum - I am 16 Recently Got Gyno Will It Go Away?
« on: October 22, 2012, 02:54:46 PM »
i recently got gynecomastia and im 16. its pretty mild, and it says in most cases itll disappear on its own. is that true?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

At the age of 16, this should be discussed with parents and together learn about the issues involved.

Over 60% of all male have had contour problems of gynecomastia. The breast tissue all mammals have is commonly stimulated to grow during the hormone changes of puberty. Thankfully for most this is transient and temporary, but not for all. What has not resolved by 2 years typically remains. So jumping right into surgery for something that may go away on its own, is just wrong in my opinion. Yet waiting longer can be cruel for force a contour that can be emotionally painful. Age Of Gynecomastia Before Considering Surgery. When weight and obesity are contributing factors, that is a different matter and getting that component under control need not wait.

BodyShaping Garments are a no surgery contour option. Check out the before after demonstration of how helpful the right garment can be. 

Here are other resources:

Teenager Gynecomastia Gallery

Gynecomastia Forum - How Old Before Surgery? I am 16, do I have to wait?

So gynecomastia often does go away, just not for all, and there are options short of surgery to deal with what is for most a transient event.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline davestalker

• View Profile
Re: Gynecomastia Forum - I am 16 Recently Got Gyno Will It Go Away?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 02:23:30 PM »
The goal for liposuction of the male breast is simple: Improve the patient’s physical appearance by removing as much fat as possible while avoiding any damage to skin or muscles. Liposuction of the male breast is one of the four areas on men most commonly treated by liposuction.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 03:10:33 PM by DrBermant »

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Gynecomastia Forum - I am 16 Recently Got Gyno Will It Go Away?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 04:23:18 PM »
The goal for liposuction of the male breast is simple: Improve the patient’s physical appearance by removing as much fat as possible while avoiding any damage to skin or muscles. Liposuction of the male breast is one of the four areas on men most commonly treated by liposuction.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

The Link Spam was removed, poster Banned. This forum is not for search engine optimization by forum spammers.

Sadly I did go to the site that the link directed. Perhaps it is such misconceptions that Liposuction For Weight Loss that led to so many patients asking for my help to revise the nightmares created by those doctors. It is all about understanding the Anatomy of Gynecomastia which consists of Gland, Fat, and Skin. Start out with this forum post about Liposuction Does Not Help With Gland of Gynecomastia. There are many such examples throughout our Encyclopedia of such complications from patients coming to us for help after surgery done elsewhere. Part of the misconception is that some seem to prefer to look at the world with blinders on, looking at only part of the problem and view limited before after pictures. Others just do not look at how tissues move. That is why I evolved a series of Standard Before After Gynecomastia Pictures to more critically evaluate problems, results, and path to get there. There were so many requests for help after liposuction only treated gynecomastia, I reviewed a few years of requests and found over 500 of them! Here is one such entry page to part of that project: Correcting Complaints After Gynecomastia Texas - Unhappy After Liposuction Alone . There are many other similar pages here, try our Plastic Surgery Search Engine and type in Gynecomastia Liposuction.

I preferred to use liposuction on almost every case of gynecomastia as a component of my Dynamic Technique after targeting the gland first with techniques that actually were able to manage this firmer tissue. This is the opposite of what was in the literature suggesting liposuction first and then trying to manage the gland. The reasons for change that I made was that I was interested in getting the best results for my patients contours and waiting for the gland last meant resources for dealing with the gland were no longer available for contouring.

Compromise Gynecomastia Surgery is just that, something that does not really look very good. Global Body Fat will result in Male Breasts, it is just where fat goes as is found in Male Body Fat Distribution, liposuction alone just does not look very good, does not move very well and is not solving the major issues that there is too much global body fat all over. Here is one of many such posts here about this topic:
Gynecomastia & Weight Forum - Frustrated With Weight Loss Breasts Not Going Away.

As a surgical sculptor I preferred to use the coarse tools of body contouring first, such as weight loss. I suggested reserving the plastic surgery for refinement to achieve the best possible results. When a patient was not going to lose weight, then compromise gynecomastia surgery was an option, one cannot take a patient with global body fat and make the whole body look like there is not that layer of remaining fat. Carefully look at such claims of success using that method. The videos of the remaining fat moving after surgery, something I did not find on such sites I looked at, are the most revealing if you cannot see the results in person. After major weigh loss loose skin and low nipples become enough of an issue that might need to be dealt with. That is why weight loss first was such a powerful tool.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates