Author Topic: Tummy Tuck Breast Lift Forum - Mommy Makeover Costs & How Pick Surgeon  (Read 4715 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Good afternoon Dr. Michael Bermant,

So sad to see you retired. Your site is quite informative – so thanks for keeping it up. 

I’m looking to get a “mommy makeover” (tummy flattening and breast fluffing).  I had 2 babies over the past 3 years – one at age 41 and the other at 43. I’m now 44 and my youngest is 13 months old.

I’ve visited 2 doctors in the past month, both my area (Chesapeake). Both seem knowledgeable – however the cost difference is significant.
Wondering if I’ll get what I pay for, or if I’d just be spending more than I need to.
Wondering if prices have jumped drastically or if I just picked to expensive guys (your costs a year ago were around $6,600 for the same procedure).
Wondering if you’ve had exposure to these 2 doctors and could recommend one over the other.
-, MD
$11,000 (if paid for before 12/15) – done in surgery suite in office

-, MD
$18,000 – done in hospital with overnight stay

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Thank you for your comments about my resources. The "Mommy Makeover" combines Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift Surgery.

Cost of Tummy Tuck and Cost of Breast Lift surgery depended on the problem to be treated. One price just did not fit all. Price and cost should not be the only factor in How to Pick Your Plastic Surgeon and for the more specific abdominal sculpture How to Pick Your Tummy Tuck Surgeon.

My patient's comfort and recovery took precedent over combined surgery. For both women: Female Breast Lift Forum - Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift Before Retirement? and the equivalent surgery in men: Male Chest Lift Forum - Can Tummy Tuck and Chest Lift Be Done Same Surgery? I preferred to separate the sculptures for safety and this advantage. There is only so much local that can be used at any one time.  I also preferred to let anatomy tissue tension time to equilibrate doing the lower surgery first then the upper.

This staging method and comfort sculpture came from my efforts to evolve my surgical sculpture through critical analysis of how tissues move and what path patients took to get from the before to after pictures. Check this point out in this critical Using Before and After Pictures to understand the process. Such more critical evaluation of my methods led me to evolve my Tumescent Tummy Tuck an operation I was doing under local anesthesia with heavy sedation. The difference in how the patients were able to get off of the operating table at the end of surgery and move about during recovery was just incredible. The same led to my  Tumescent Breast Lift.

Not all surgeon have the same skills or use the same methods. So the question is just how good is the sculpture? How does it move? How well is the tissue tightened? None of these questions are answered by a simple standing upright frontal photograph. A more complex analysis is needed to see the details of what is offered.

You are welcome to join us on this forum and discuss such issues. The resources on my site are massive on each of these topics. The floating navigation panel is specific for tummy tuck or breast lift as I did not like combining and that would be just too confusing having breast and belly links same menu.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates