Author Topic: Tummy Tuck Forum - Unhappy After Bangkok Surgery Looks Worse Than Before  (Read 5202 times)

Offline unfair92

• View Profile
am not sure why am writing this..... i guess i just wanna tell somebody. since i have never ever talked about what am going through and it aches so bad, i think maybe if i write or post it i can somehow feel better.

am a poor african woman who worked my butt off for over 5 years to save enough money to fly to Bangkok and have a tummy tuck.
all together i spent over 10,000 USD for flights, accomodation, hospital bills and the procedure.
and i wish i hadnt.
my tummy turned out looking even worse than before the procedure.
i hurt(emotionally and physically) and regret that decision i made more than a year ago to have that stupid tummy tuck.
i regret it every single day of my life. and what hurts the most is that the biggest mistake of my life turned out to be the most expensive too.
i now know i was selfish to have that tummy tuck when i should have used the money on my 2 kids. (am a single mum)
maybe thats God's way of punishing me for my selfishness.
i had that tummy tuck so i could feel more confident about my then bulging belly.
i wish i hadnt.
because i even feel and look worse.
that surgeon spoiled my life.
he left me with a long ugly huge bumpy swollen cut that hurts and itches all the time.
he took my long earned money. he robbed me.
he says i have to pay more to correct it and have some kind of revision scar surgery but i cant afford it.
infact i dont think i will ever get that kind of money again - maybe in 10 years.
wish i could sue him

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Tummy Tuck Forum - Unhappy After Bangkok Surgery Looks Worse Than Before
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 10:28:47 PM »
am not sure why am writing this..... i guess i just wanna tell somebody. since i have never ever talked about what am going through and it aches so bad, i think maybe if i write or post it i can somehow feel better.

am a poor african woman who worked my butt off for over 5 years to save enough money to fly to Bangkok and have a tummy tuck.
all together i spent over 10,000 USD for flights, accomodation, hospital bills and the procedure.
and i wish i hadnt.
my tummy turned out looking even worse than before the procedure.
i hurt(emotionally and physically) and regret that decision i made more than a year ago to have that stupid tummy tuck.
i regret it every single day of my life. and what hurts the most is that the biggest mistake of my life turned out to be the most expensive too.
i now know i was selfish to have that tummy tuck when i should have used the money on my 2 kids. (am a single mum)
maybe thats God's way of punishing me for my selfishness.
i had that tummy tuck so i could feel more confident about my then bulging belly.
i wish i hadnt.
because i even feel and look worse.
that surgeon spoiled my life.
he left me with a long ugly huge bumpy swollen cut that hurts and itches all the time.
he took my long earned money. he robbed me.
he says i have to pay more to correct it and have some kind of revision scar surgery but i cant afford it.
infact i dont think i will ever get that kind of money again - maybe in 10 years.
wish i could sue him

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Welcome to our forum. That is a sad story. Tummy Tuck sculpture should be a celebration of restoration of the human natural form, not one as you have described. Help us understand what happened.

Travel for Tummy Tuck Surgery is great to find surgeons with exceptional skill. However, if done for discount pricing, what risks are being taken? How carefully did you research this surgeon for their skills? Check our resources How to Pick Tummy Tuck Surgeon. The key issue is the skill of the surgeon. Not All Surgeons Have the Same Skills so when someone says they traveled to a center or a city for the surgery, was this for a particular surgeon?  How to Evaluate Before After Tummy Tuck Pictures is one way to lower risks of having an unfavorable result. Although no surgeon can guarantee results, better Plastic Surgery Societies have ethics regulations that surgeons show their patients typical results. What of the International Plastic Surgery Societies or Organizations does the surgeon belong to? Prevention is so much better than something unexpected. 

Standard Tummy Tuck Pictures are valuable tools to document deformity and results. Why not consider posting a complete set of what things look like now? Such images can show others your concerns and help them better understand issues involved with surgery. Consider posting the before surgery pictures. Were any pictures taken? How complete a set?  Tummy Tuck Videos are an even more critical look at problems and skills or problems after surgery. Then does the result approximate the before after shown before deciding to have the surgery? If not have you asked the surgeon why? Complications can and do happen, it is part of the risks of surgery as are motor vehicle accidents when driving a car.

Long scars, nerve injuries are Risks of Tummy Tuck Surgery and something I worked very hard to explain to all of my patients before any surgery. The nerve injury issue is like for any cut and depends on the structure involved.  The question becomes then about the quality of the scar, how they move, and other factors. I pushed for the best scars for each of my patients. This was not just during the technique of the operation but for additional factors like Tummy Tuck Compression Garments. I individualized the garment choice based on an initial protection design and longer term scar evolution. Tummy Tuck Abdominal Body Girdle with Zipper was for the initial care. Second Stage Tummy Tuck Compression Garments, and Scar Care were to optimize the scars.

There can be a great deal of emotions involving the problems and success of tummy tuck surgery. Here are a sampling of some of the Hear Tummy Tuck Stories my patients shared.

Revision Tummy Tuck options depend on many factors but can be a much more demanding operation. How someone scars elsewhere was a factor for consideration even before I offered primary tummy tuck surgery. But that is part of surgical judgment. It was quite rare to need to perform scar revision for my tummy tuck sculptures. But that was a function of working hard to optimize each operation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates