Author Topic: wide hips in men ...pls help  (Read 17545 times)

Offline bodybuilding89

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
wide hips in men ...pls help
« on: November 17, 2012, 09:28:56 AM »
hello doc...
i am confused where and whom to ask all these question .....
i am male with wide hip bone (or let us say pelvis)....what can i do abt my prob .... pls suggest me a solution ....
who can solve my problem ... a plastic surgeon or orthopedic ? im really confused :(
ll be waiting for your reply
thank you .

Pls suggest me a surgery to make my hip bone slimmer.... is bone grafting a solution for my prob? 

Offline bodybuilding89

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
wide hips in men ...pls help
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 09:38:30 AM »
Sorry i dont know where to post this exactly...so 
that i am posting in two different sections ...

hello doc...
i am male with wide hip bone (or let us say pelvis)....what can i do abt my prob .... pls suggest me a solution ....
who can solve my problem ... a plastic surgeon or orthopedic ? im really confused :(
thank you .

Pls suggest me a surgery to make my hip bone slimmer.... is bone grafting a solution for my prob? 

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: wide hips in men ...pls help
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 07:58:41 AM »
Sorry i dont know where to post this exactly...so 
that i am posting in two different sections ...

hello doc...
thank you .

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Welcome to our forum. I have removed the extra post. Please post once in the future. We can always move it.

Wide hip bones, it depends on what someone means by this statement. Wide hips in men can be a normal variation to part of an undiagnosed condition to part of a request for Transgender Surgery.

If unhappy with the bone arrangement, it would depend on if this is an abnormality, a deformity from trauma, or something just part of a normal body structure. There is a great deal of anatomy attached to the hips and altering can have major implications. The hip is a donor site for bone grafting, grafting is addition, not subtraction. Such an undertaking should be accompanied by an extensive discussion of risks, benefits, and alternate methods of care. Push the alteration too far and the result can be a disaster.

One option is to show others the problem by posting pictures. My Standard Tummy Tuck Pictures views cover the same anatomy critical for documenting contours of that region. They would be the same views to investigate a surgeon's skills in this type of sculpture. We have resources here for How To Pick Your Plastic Surgeon, but in this type of surgery one is looking for actual results. Even better, how the individual moves to see if the structural support for muscles has been disrupted or if the scars are acceptable.

Having surgery for something that is a normal variation and ending up miserable with a complication is not one of the better options.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Plastic Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline bodybuilding89

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 02:47:27 PM »
check the img below .....and suggest me weather liposuction will help me or not....by removing extra fat around my hips(inner and outer thighs) can make them look better ??

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 08:26:04 AM »
check the img below .....and suggest me weather liposuction will help me or not....by removing extra fat around my hips(inner and outer thighs) can make them look better ??

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

This is a question that comes up over and over again. Weight Loss Forum - Plastic Surgery Not Alternative to Losing Weight. On that link you can find many other similar discussions that do not need to get re posted here. If you really want to learn why, check them out to understand the limitations of using surgery for something it does not do as well for shaping. That is why as a surgical sculptor I preferred to use a coarse tool to sculpt (the weight loss) and then my surgery for refinement.

Plastic Surgery is better After Weight Loss, not as an alternative. You asked about bone reduction which to use, orthopedic surgeon vs Plastic surgeon and are now asking about liposuction. It sounds like there is something you do not like about your body.

Standard Pictures for Liposuction keying on one body part are not enough to point out global body issues. That is why something full bodied like Standard Pictures for Lower Body Lift show more what is happening around the entire body.

A single picture alone just was not enough for my opinion when I was in practice. Not offering one now, as I am retired. Male Body Fat Pattern problems come in all different degrees. When patient came to me with such issues, I tried to explain the limitations of what surgery had to offer. If evaluating a surgeon's claims that they do have options and methods that work, trusting that to a single image or limited images, can be risky. I saw so many asking for help after being unhappy with surgery done elsewhere.

So what is it that bothers anyone about their contour? You ask about bone changes, and now ask about liposuction for thighs. One method is to take an entire set of images and compare them to Abdomen and Thigh Liposuction Before After Pictures or other surgeons' analysis of their methods of problem solving.

But again, the single picture is not enough for a proper discussion. Too much missing information. I also asked about their Body Fat. Check out our Body Fat Calculator. Global Body Fat becomes part of the equation of any true sculptor. I preferred to identify the basic contour problems before considering surgery as a potentially disastrous quick fix.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Liposuction Body Contouring
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline bodybuilding89

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 08:54:46 AM »
im sorry that i may asking you too many questions....but im very much confused whether there is a permanent solution for my prob or not.....   ok i ll send you more pics of my body ....top from shoulders to knees .....then can you explain me what can i do about this prob ....

but before sending you few more pic i ll try to explain my prob briefly :

my body frame is something different for normal males ...where my shoulders are narrow and hips are wider than shoulders....some ppl suggested me to build upper body (shoulders and lats)...but if i do so i look like broad...and i should maintain this thru out my life...which is very hard ...not only wide but my hips are curvy too ....so building my upper body will make me look like broad .... i dont want that broad look .... i want to look slim...

as per ur knowledge is there any way i can change these wide hips (wide because of bone(curvy too), not much fat) ??
i know that bone are genetic... but i dont want these wide hips on me .... 

Can i live chat with you ?? pls spare sometime for me ..... :(
if you can chat with me live so that i can fire all my question at a time .... im may be irritating you but i want to change my body anyway ....

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 09:11:01 AM »
im sorry that i may asking you too many questions....but im very much confused whether there is a permanent solution for my prob or not.....   ok i ll send you more pics of my body ....top from shoulders to knees .....then can you explain me what can i do about this prob ....

but before sending you few more pic i ll try to explain my prob briefly :

my body frame is something different for normal males ...where my shoulders are narrow and hips are wider than shoulders....some ppl suggested me to build upper body (shoulders and lats)...but if i do so i look like broad...and i should maintain this thru out my life...which is very hard ...not only wide but my hips are curvy too ....so building my upper body will make me look like broad .... i dont want that broad look .... i want to look slim...

as per ur knowledge is there any way i can change these wide hips (wide because of bone(curvy too), not much fat) ??
i know that bone are genetic... but i dont want these wide hips on me .... 

Can i live chat with you ?? pls spare sometime for me ..... :(
if you can chat with me live so that i can fire all my question at a time .... im may be irritating you but i want to change my body anyway ....

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and no longer offer chats, private messages, email private responses, nor any other form of specific medical advice. I used to offer such information as part of a paid for service.

Now, I try to share my knowledge and experience here in the forum. That is free, but restricted by being Retired and no longer practicing medicine. The forum is designed as a meeting ground for those interested in seeking help and others offering advice. Questions posted can be spread by social networks to attract doctors and others to answer the questions.

The phrase "build it, they will come...." has been met, the forum is here waiting for the questions to be posted to be answered. My answers tend to be quite extensive, but if that is not enough, then you will need to find someone like myself who did take the time to offer such services such as our Preliminary Remote Discussion. We saw patients from around the world seeking such advice. My consults were not for free, but a service which we were paid for our time and effort. You are welcome to post your results of such consults here too in the forum for others to learn.

You are still welcome to post the images here and continue in our framework.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline bodybuilding89

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 09:23:04 AM »
ok atleast let me know weather there is a permanent solution for my prob or not ?? soon will upload few more pics may be in couple of days.. is orthopedics going to help me with this issue ????

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 10:22:55 AM »
ok atleast let me know weather there is a permanent solution for my prob or not ?? soon will upload few more pics may be in couple of days.. is orthopedics going to help me with this issue ????

Let me see if I understand your question. Despite my saying so, you want me state specific treatment options about a problem you have not defined. Sorry, I do try to help, but there are limitations for my free discussion and such specific statements would be specific medical advice. Posting here is not just for my comments but others as well. However, if you read among my many posts, there is a great deal of information I try to share within the limitations of my retirement.

Please be realistic. If what we offer is not enough, sorry there are always the paid consultations like we used to have that others who are still in practice may offer. Posting here has the possibility of attracting such comments and discussion. That is why we have the social media tools to spread your questions for others to see and comment about.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline bodybuilding89

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 01:13:29 PM »
yes sir i can understand your prob....but there is no one to solve my prob.... its ok sir no prob :)

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 06:12:35 AM »
yes sir i can understand your prob....but there is no one to solve my prob.... its ok sir no prob :)

Actually that sounds sad. You have been given a place for free to help yourself publish your concerns to a wider audience asking for advice and assistance. You may need to pay for the advice of someone still offering specific medical recommendation like I did when I was in practice. But to say
but there is no one to solve my prob
is only true if you decide to make it that way. So yes, that is not my problem. You are welcome to use our forum to see what can be found or just say nobody is out there. Perhaps there isn't but I highly doubt that as I was but one of a large group of professionals who had a concern about helping patients with body image issues that sometimes ended up with surgical solutions. That is no guarantee that people will take the time to respond nor that their answers will be correct, but at least I have taken time in retirement to offer such a place to be here for the public looking for answers.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates