Author Topic: Forum im 14 years old and i want to be a vet but my mom wants me to be a doctor.  (Read 2930 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
@DrBermant hi im 14 years old and i want to be a vet but my mom wants me to be a doctor. I was wondering what you think from your persective

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Tweets too short to prove points and have discussion to follow easily. I prefer this format where I can take more words to discuss issues.

I think at the age of 14 it might be fun to learn about both options and have an open discussion what they are like. Here, consider having your parents be part of that discussion, and your thoughts, their thoughts. Put links to what you find on the Internet to justify that position or reason. You could do this just by talking, but the fun part comes in looking back as to how things change in a discussion next week or next month or longer. Change in you, change in Medicine, in Veterinary Medicine, Health Care in general. Medicine today is nothing like what I was looking at back then.

But keeping one's eyes open to other things is critical. Health care is not for everyone and what may be the state of any profession by the time we finish out training is a moving target. That is why a broad minded approach sometimes is best. For me it was fixing things broken. Healthcare was one element. I still have others that fit that passion of mine from when I was 14. I wish I had an Internet to have learned from when I was 14.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Plastic Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates