Author Topic: What age is appropriate to get a breast lift?  (Read 4581 times)

Offline soha

• Restricted Modification
  • Novice Member
    • View Profile
What age is appropriate to get a breast lift?
« on: December 19, 2012, 02:59:38 AM »
Although My sister is  currently only 14, she  plan in the future to get a breast lift. she is  5'6'' and weigh 215 pounds. This has caused her  breasts to sag and not look like a normal fully developed teenagers' should.  so . When she  do lose the weight, her  breasts return to a normal position or continue to sag? Help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: What age is appropriate to get a breast lift?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 03:17:53 AM »
Although My sister is  currently only 14, she  plan in the future to get a breast lift. she is  5'6'' and weigh 215 pounds. This has caused her  breasts to sag and not look like a normal fully developed teenagers' should.  so . When she  do lose the weight, her  breasts return to a normal position or continue to sag? Help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Breast Lift Surgery is for sagging, drooping and distortions after pregnancy or weight loss. This is not an operation for a developing breast not yet achieved it normal form unless that teenager has undergone massive weight loss earlier in life.

Breast Lift Surgery is also not to manage problems of global fat contour problems. Check our BMI Calculator and the weight issue most likely will be a factor. You can find an extensive discussion about this topic

Weight Loss Forum - Plastic Surgery Not Alternative to Losing Weight

and here:

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Our Body Fat Analyzer Scale Store has expanded.

There is a new

Fitbit FB201W Aria Wi-fi Smart Scale it is quite a bit lower in cost than the

Withings Wifi Body Scale

We also have added a more expensive option:

Tanita BC-1000WH Ant+ Wireless Body Composition Bundle with Remote Display.

I like the connectivity and data collection power of a wi-fi connected measurement tool for someone working on weight loss, bodybuilding, working out or any other system for body change. The concept of a more comprehensive proof for method working is important. Having the scale analyzer connected to your phone, computer, ipad or other device is great.

Have you tried such a method?  How has this worked for you?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Explore our Plastic Surgery Forum

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Breast Lift Mastopexy in Women
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter