Author Topic: Nasal Obstruction Forum - Head Pain Sinus Discomfort  (Read 3654 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Nasal Obstruction Forum - Head Pain Sinus Discomfort
« on: December 30, 2012, 01:03:38 PM »
How do sinus problems cause severe head pain, when
bending forward?What can be done to help?
                                                     Thank you,

P.S. top of head hurts,
when bending forward

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

There are nerve fibers in the lining of the sinuses and upper airway of the respiratory system. Sinus pain can come from pressure, infection, trauma, and many other possible mechanisms that set off the nerves providing feedback for that region. Some of Causes of Nasal Airway Obstruction can result in sinus pressure. Any part of the body having pressure pain can be made worse by lowering it below the level of the heart and sometimes relieved to a degree by keeping it above the heart. I worked very hard during my nasal surgery to minimize trauma that could cause worse swelling and optimized After Rhinoplasty Surgery Swelling Reduction Techniques. For my Nasal Fracture - Broken Nose and Rhinoplasty patients, the Swiss Therapy Gel Masks really helped. But gel masks are not a general remedy for undiagnosed sinus pain. A search on Amazon shows many such products claiming to help with sinus pain. Search Amazon for Eye Cooling Masks.

However, specific solutions depend on underlying problem. For my patients the discovery of the underlying problem began during their Rhinoplasty Consultation where I learned about their history, details of their problem, and I could examine them. A forum discussion can hone in to some specifics and discuss some topics, but the topic is just too broad without specifics and without being able to examine and possibly order testing, there are just too little detail provided.

You are welcome to join our discussion group and use our resources.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, and Sculpture
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates