Author Topic: Gynecomastia Forum - Breast Pain After Surgery Can It be Cut So I Feel Nothing?  (Read 5793 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Are you considering plastic surgery? possibly in the future
Question: Hi Doctor.

I recently had Gyno surgery. Both fat and some gland tissue were removed. It's been 7 months now since the operation and I still have some pain in the breast and around the nipple. The pain is small but annoying. It moves around and is not in the same spot all the time. Some days the left breast hurts more than the right. I guess this is nerve pain?

My questions is if the pain does not go in a few more months would it be possible for me to have the entire reaming breast tissue removed and all the connections to the nipple cut so that i feel nothing?

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

There is just insufficient details of information for a valid answer. One of the significant Symptoms of Gynecomastia is breast pain. Surgery does not fix such breast pain, and in my opinion that was a big Red Flag contraindication to surgery. That was part of the Red Flag System I set up with a number of Endocrinologists as to which gynecomastia patients needed to be stabilized before surgery as Gynecomastia Surgery Does Not Prevent Recurrence or Regrowth.

Nerve injury can also be a Complication of Gynecomastia Surgery. Some techniques tend to damage nerves more than others. That is why how much Comfort or Pain After Gynecomastia Surgery factored so heavily in how I evolved my surgery techniques. Some methods can be quite painful.

Although retired and no longer offering specific medical advice, I try to share my knowledge here in this forum. You are welcome to join us, share your experiences, and help others learn about issues.

Surgery to remove all sensation is quite radical and not something typically used for the male breast. What has your surgeon said about your symptoms? The path after surgery, what happens between the before and after surgery images are real issues.  Healing and Recovery After Gynecomastia Surgery, in my opinion, should be demonstrated by each surgeon for his or her own methods. That is what I did so my patients knew what my typical patients went through. I asked my patients to tell me if their experiences were not like what they found on the web. That helped me be a better surgeon and evolve my methods to what they became. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates