Author Topic: Revision Otoplasty Forum - Ears Pinned Too Close To Head How to Fix?  (Read 4013 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hello,

I am - and I had done Otoplasty about 13 years ago. Unfortunately my ears were pined back to much towards my head, my right ear is more towards my head than the left ear.
I am looking to have a surgery revision to correct this mistake. Would like to know if this is posible to be done.
Please let me know if nay further information or pictures are need.

Respectfully,

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

There are many different problems that can result in

Correction depends on which element of Otoplasty Ear Anatomy was over corrected and what surgery was done to that anatomic part such as removal vs. over folding cartilage. Sometimes deformities like the Revise Over Folded Antihelix or a Concha Bowl Deformity can be improved / revised.

Options for Revision Otoplasty depend on the original problem, what was done, healing, and many other factors we used to evaluate during an in office consult or start with our Preliminary Remote Discussion.  Retired, that is no longer an option. Standard Otoplasty Pictures can be posted here for all to see, review, and discuss. Sorry, I no longer offer private discussion by email or messages. However, I do try to share my knowledge here in these forums.

I also used extensive otoplasty history forms which were a great way to insure all the needed details were there to learn about a patient's condition for revision ear surgery. Prior operative reports can be quite valuable in understanding what was done. That long since surgery can be a problem.

Revision Otoplasty surgery can be quite difficult and our resources on How to Choose An Otoplasty Surgeon, the pictures evaluated should specifically include how that surgeon manages revision Ear surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Otoplasty Ear Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates