Author Topic: Locations for Large ear reduction in DMV area  (Read 4026 times)

Offline zues58

• View Profile
Locations for Large ear reduction in DMV area
« on: February 19, 2013, 08:54:28 AM »
Dr Bermant, is there any other doctors in the DMV area that can do the macrotia - big ear reduction. As I see you are no longer practicing, I live in Northern VA and was just trying to figure out what options I have out here. It seems a lot of people just practice the pinning back, but my issue is more related to the over all size. Thanks
RJ

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Locations for Large ear reduction in DMV area
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 09:28:09 AM »
Dr Bermant, is there any other doctors in the DMV area that can do the macrotia - big ear reduction. As I see you are no longer practicing, I live in Northern VA and was just trying to figure out what options I have out here. It seems a lot of people just practice the pinning back, but my issue is more related to the over all size. Thanks
RJ

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Macrotia Big Ear Reduction Surgery is a specialized form of otoplasty. I saw patients from around the world who preferred my expertise and set up methods to minimize travel with my Preliminary Remote Discussion. This concept driven to minimize their cost involved web based education about the problem and my particular passions and skills. Beyond having the special skills for the surgical sculpture itself, it involved a great deal of time and effort on my part to put that online so that people could find me.

Big ear problems many times are not alone but a component of other issues that make the ear look big. I would then need to combine elements to sculpt my patients with my Otoplasty Surgery Dynamic Technique. Combined deformity cases raise the level of difficult of the case a great deal.

We have resources here on How to Evaluate Otoplasty Before After Pictures and How to Pick Your Otoplasty Surgeon, but with macrotia reduction surgery, the problems and solutions to look for are the various forms this deformity takes and how that surgeon managed the surgery.

Retired, I am no longer an option to go to for the surgery. However, this forum now is an extension of that passion to help solve problems. The forum is here for the public to take charge themselves. Put up the problems to attract the doctors who have the skills to show their methods and results here or by links to their cases.

The Standard Otoplasty Pictures is the way to show the specific issues for most big ear reduction cases. Ear Measurements help define the dimensions of the deformity.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Otoplasty Ear Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates