Author Topic: Revision Gynecomastia Forum - Help 3 Liposuction Only Failures Leaving Gland  (Read 3206 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
After Retirement Referral

Hello there,

I recently stumbled on to your website.  I have had three doctors perform liposuction in the breast area and each time I went through an initial evaluation, I continued to state to each doctor that I did not think liposuction would work because the area that needed attention did not all feel like fat.  Each Dr. dismissed my objections with a fatherly "oh, you just don't worry about it...I can get it taken care of". 

After reading Dr. Bermant's work and seeing the photos of the men lying on the table with their fat and tissue laying on top of them, I knew that I was the one who was right all along.....Gyneocomastia is not something that can be taken care of easily with a cannula. 

I am so tired of going under anesthesia only to be disappointed by someone who does not understand fully the disorder.  If there is someone out there who has the skills that Dr. Bermant would send a family member to, I'm still interested in having someone look at me.

Thank you Dr. Bermant for validating my frustration regarding thousands of lost dollars.

Sincerely,

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

I saw so many patients unhappy after other surgeons' liposuction treatment of gynecomastia, I that I started a project to break down the requests by where they came from. There were over 500 requests for my help! Many were for residual contour problems from failures of liposuction alone or partial gland excision with liposuction. Here is one entry point to those that I have published so far: New York Liposuction Gynecomastia Failures. . That  is a gateway page to others with similar complaints. You can also find similar posts here: Revision Gynecomastia Forum - 7 Revisions in New Jersey, Help Find New Surgeon.

Liposuction does not remove gynecomastia gland nor scar tissue. I have seen so many such complications from other surgeons that I named the term Puffy Nipple Complication where I explain my findings for what I found on these unhappy patients.

It is a matter of more critical documentation with methods like my Standard Pictures for Revision Gynecomastia and Gynecomastia Videos that reveal if a surgeons claims are valid. I have also posted resources How to Evaluate a Surgeon's Gynecomastia Pictures all key elements in another resource I posted on

How to Pick Your Gynecomastia Surgeon. Sorry, retired I no longer offer medical advice such as specific surgeon names. But this forum can be used as a tool to post problems to prove points, both for patients unhappy with results or surgeons with claims of effective methods of treatment. Learning how to take your own pictures and post them here is one way to show others your concerns and potentially find someone who can help. The pictures were a key component in my analysis of remaining resources and what problem(s) remained after surgery or what I might be able to offer.

I no longer offer private email answers, but try to share my knowledge and experience here on the forums. You are welcome to join us and explain the original problem, what was done, and what remains.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates