Author Topic: Hand Surgery Forum - Plastic Surgery Artificial Fingers Discussion Request  (Read 5468 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Dear Sir,
hello...
I want to discuss for my son.....So how is it possible in brief..whether i should send all the medical reports and details and photographs....This is about the plastic surgery and artificial fingers or you can say Hand surgery.....Please reply....!!!!

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

As a retired surgeon, I no longer offer surgery nor medial advice. Sorry, I no longer offer private message or email answers. I do try to share my knowledge and experiences here on this forum.

Hand surgery options depend on the deformity, what happened, what was done to date, current hand function and many other details. In most situations, photographs alone are insufficient to plan most operations as the actual tissue examination and function are so critical for a valid discussion of risks, benefits, and alternate methods of care. Standard Hand Pictures attempt to document as much functional and contour issues as possible. If posting, that might better help others understand the problem.

You are welcome to post them on this forum for others who have a passion to help. Sometimes surgery is the best option. For other situations, Hand Prosthetics can function better or offer a look that helps with cosmetic stress of the deformity.

You and your son can also use the forum to discuss the emotional aspect of this problem and how activities can be a problem.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Dear Dr Bermant,
Thanks for sharing the discussion. I found no pictures about this case and do not know the condition or which finger is missing. I very much like to see the pictures if they are available.
Regards

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

I get many requests for help from around the world and post them on our Plastic Surgery Forum  for people to answer, comment, and participate. The forum is divided into many sub boards. It is a meeting place for those with problems and those who have a passion to solve problems, share experiences and other details. I then post some of these requests here for others to see and review as was this post. That individual did not follow up with any information to date. Sometimes they do, sometimes they do not.

Retied, I no longer offer medical advice, but I can set up a meeting ground for those seeking such information with others like yourself trying to understand what is going on. In addition I try to push the envelope for evolution medical care as in the concept of Standard Pictures for Hand Evaluations.

Over time I plan to use my own cases to build areas of my Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. I have a great volume of hand surgery problem cases and surgical solutions to draw from. The problem is finding volunteer help for this massive undertaking.

Join in the discussion. Yes, it would be better if those with problems would provide such details for those looking to help or suggest ideas. However, that is up to the individual with the problem.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates