Author Topic: difference between Saline and Silicon gel implants  (Read 5156 times)

Offline juanboldrin123

• Restricted Modification
    • View Profile
difference between Saline and Silicon gel implants
« on: March 26, 2013, 07:42:28 AM »
I have been going through the forums to know the difference between Saline and Silicon gel implants, Anyone   can let me know about it? Or please refer some good websites?

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: difference between Saline and Silicon gel implants
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 11:01:22 PM »
I have been going through the forums to know the difference between Saline and Silicon gel implants, Anyone   can let me know about it? Or please refer some good websites?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Both Saline and Gel implants are enclosed in a silicone envelope. The saline implant uses salt water for the central mass, gel uses a jelly like consistency silicone. The gels come in different consistencies. There are also combination gel outside of saline implants I used to let a female grow a breast naturally on a side with no breast growth during puberty.

There is too much to talk about this topic to make it suitable for a post response. One of the major issues about breast implants is the lack of good animation pictures, how the breasts move in place during normal life and activities. I discuss issues about documentation of the female breast on these posts:

Breast Implant Forum - re: Like My FB Page: Breast Implants That Do Not Wrinkle and  Breast Lift Forum - Breast Lift Without Implants. I have discussed evolving the standard views and videos for breast implants here: Breast Implant Forum - How Do You Know When an Augmentation Price is Too Low? which also is on costs that seem too good to be true.

There is a major difference in how these implants move and compress. Too many factors to briefly discuss here. I spent a great deal of time with each of my breast implant patients about risks benefits and alternate methods of care.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Plastic Surgery and Female Breast Sculpture
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates