Author Topic: Inverted Nipple Forum - Grade 3 No Feeling After 2nd Surgery for Failure to Fix  (Read 7894 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hello Dr.

I read a lot on yours website and have a lot of respect to what was shared by your client and reviews cross.
I seek your medical advice here.
I did my nipple inversion surgery twice as it did not work the first time. I had grade 3 inversion. The first surgery was about 3 month ago and the second was only 2 weeks ago. My concern and source of depression is that I lost feelings in them 100% after second surgery (not the 1st one). It sort of feels like I have a big mold on the tip of my breast. No feelings at all. I asked my doctor and he told me that the feelings will come back but might take few month. Is that true?  I couldn't find a definite answer to my question and I don't have 100% confidence with what I was told since as I said, I have no feelings in them non what so ever? Can you provide me with your medical input/opinion here. Does this happen sometime and does feeling truly have a chance of coming back and what are the odds of it happening. How long? Anything that can be done to fix this problem if it persists.

Thanks,

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. So if you are looking for a free "medical input/opinion here," that is unrealistic from a retired surgeon. I am willing to share my knowledge with those on this forum. This meeting place is set up to address topics that I covered for my own patients during their consultations before surgery as part of the risks, benefits, and alternate methods of care education.

Risks for Inverted Nipple Surgery can vary by degree of nipple inversion. Inverted Nipple Grading permits better surgeons to target specific treatment options based on the problem to be treated. Grade 3 Nipple Inversion just does not do well unless the ducts are divided. Risks of failures approach 100%. Releasing enough tissue in third degree inversion is a consummate skill sculpture walking a fine balance line between maintaining blood supply sensation, and release of enough tissues to keep the nipple from going back in. Beyond that there is the shaping of tissue to make it look like a nipple. That is why it is so critical to evaluate a specific surgeons sculpture skills such as that seen in my Inverted Nipple Before After Picture Gallery.

Recovery After Inverted Nipple Surgery, the path of healing in between the before and after photos can testament to a surgeons methods. Some surgeons decide not to show such details. I felt having a typical bruising healing information helped with my patients' anxiety and issues about just how my methods would typically evolve. Healing and Recovery After Revision Inverted Nipple Surgery can be worse since the first time into tissues is so much easier than going through scars.

Revision Nipple Surgery can be more complex and demanding of the surgeon. Depending on original problem,w hat was done, healing, and many other factors, I told my patients there was higher risks involved including if sensation returns, part of that balancing performance between removing that which keeps nipple inverted, and keeping the tissue alive.

Documenting shape and healing can help understand progress or lack there of.

Standard Pictures for Nipple Inversion Documentation were designed to track such issues. Posting them on the forum yourself can help others show your concerns and what path other surgeons took. You are welcome to join us and share your story, progress, and problems.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Inverted Nipples
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Thanks doctor for your reply.

Please help me understand as I wasn't clear on your response.

Are you suggesting that before and after pictures can help determine the surgeon method hence allowing you to provide with a better assessment on whether the problem is permanent or temporary? Or are saying that is is hard to tell without knowing the specific details of the operation?

Thank

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

I developed my Standard Inverted Nipple Pictures to document problems and solutions. The images taken over time can also show the path taken between the injury of surgery and healing. When the images no longer change, that tells me about the shape and contour. Photographs do not show how soft firm tissue is so there are limitations for that extent of healing. Also inversion issues are hard to document when the nipple shape changes with stimulation. Videos can manage short term changes, but long term changes over 10 or more minutes can be hard on video documentation without editing. I also asked for prior surgical records, images before surgery, and other important information when advising my patients about their revision options.

Nipple inversion due to its nature, really benefited from the in office hands on exam to see the dynamics of the tissue.

Why not join forum to for further questions and sharing your experiences to let all understand your concerns?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Inverted Nipples
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates