Author Topic: Ear Reconstruction Forum - Gauged Earlobe Repair Stamfort Ct Referral  (Read 4027 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hello Doctor,

I am looking to find a surgeon in the Tri state area. I see that you're down in VA.   We live in CT, and this is for my daughter who has been wearing large Gauges in her ears and wants the holes repaired.

Can you recommend any of your colleagues closer to Stamford Ct?

Thanks,

This should not be construed as medical advice such as specific names for referral. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, but still try to share my knowledge and help here on the forum.

The Gauge Earlobe Repair is typically a difficult variation of Earlobe Repair made difficult by stretched and distorted tissue. The deformity comes in different degrees and difficulty to fix. Both problems are subsets of the more general Otoplasty Ear Surgery.

When learning How to Choose Your Otoplasty Surgeon look for before and after surgery pictures of this problem and ask your surgeon about the chances of achieving such results for this specific defect. These deformities are less common and not all patients permit the use of their images for public education.

Split Earlobe Galleries offer insight to a surgeons' skills with various degrees of this problem. We saw patients from around he world who preferred my methods. Patients started with our Preliminary Remote Discussion to minimize travel yet have their tentatively scheduled surgery the day after the confirmatory exam in the office. My Standard Ear Pictures documented the problem for a telephone discussion about risks benefits and alternate methods of care. This forum permits the public to post such images and is a meeting ground for those with a passion to fix and repair to demonstrate their skills. Not all offices are set up that way and not all surgeons have the same skills. Just because someone knows how to pin an ear back does not necessarily translate to a good gauged earlobe reconstruction.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Otoplasty Ear Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates