Author Topic: Otoplasty Forum - Ears Stick Out Like Monkey:? Healing Time, Care After Surgery  (Read 3852 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hey mate I've seen you posting in a few threads about otoplasty which were very helpful and I thank you . I'm considering getting the surgery done , My ears stick out like a monkey , not sure what type this is , My only concern is the healing time and what's involved with taking care after the surgery as I really can't get much time off work , maybe a week or so ? Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated , thanks .

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

The question Should I have Otoplasty Ear Surgery is a common one. Answers depend on the original problem, medical issues, skill of surgeon, and many other factors. There are several problems that can result in Ear Protrusion or Sticking Out to Consider Otoplasty. The issue then comes can one find a surgeon who can recognize which elements are the causes of the projection and who has the skill then to sculpt the ears. I preferred my Otoplasty Dynamic Technique blending together the various elements into a better looking natural ear. For my patients I worked very hard to optimize each sculpture, not just for the shape, but to minimize Bruising and Swelling after Otoplasty: the path between the before and after surgery photos. Not all surgeons offer the same skills nor methods and few show the early after surgery images. Yet I felt my patients were better served with that detail so they could help me after surgery with early recognition if things were not going as they normally did (thankfully something that rarely happened).

Retired, although I no longer can offer specific medical advice, I try to share my knowledge and experience here on this forum. You are welcome to join us, share your concerns, put your Standard Otoplasty Ear Pictures to better understand the issues involved and show others including surgeons what your needs are.

To optimize my patients' Otoplasty Recovery I set up a carefully choreographed and individualized set of care and instructions for each patient that produces results as shown throughout the many pages of my site.  Return to activities with my methods permitted patients to return to light duties in 1 to 2 weeks. Some went back much sooner, others later. Return to work depends then on the problem to be treated, what someone does for work, techniques used, skill of surgeon, patient compliance, and so many other factors. That is the value of the experiences section  and path between pictures.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Otoplasty Ear Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates