//pvii begin //pvii end

Author Topic: Liposuction Forum - Radiologist: Liposuction Tightens Better Than Tummy Tuck?  (Read 4676 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Laser Liposuction May Zap Fat Without Skin Sag Interventional Radiologist claims liposuction tightens better than tummy tuck? I tried to find methodology or before and after pictures or videos showing results for this doctor.

Laser liposuction melts fat, results in tighter skin but their methods of measuring tighter skin just were not apparent. Scars are tighter than normal skin but can look terrible on animation. That is why it is so important to understand just what the original problem was, how it was documented, the results and path taken there. I have yet to see anything as complete for documenting tightness that looks good for living life and activities as my Standard Pictures for Stomach Tightness and Tummy Tuck or even more critically the Tummy Tuck Videos. I have seen many unhappy patients after liposuction done elsewhere where the skin was scarred and tight looking so unnatural. Results that are better, should have such visual and motion documentation that they are better.

Our resource on How to Evaluate Tummy Tuck Pictures can be used to assess the liposuction photos. Liposuction is a component of all of my Tummy Tucks. My general How to Use and Evaluate Before and After Pictures is the key gateway to the individual body specific sections.

Here is a new tool Sagging Skin Lower Body Photo Galleries Analysis and Selecting Surgery.

I was trying to understand also if the Radiologist was performing the liposuction themselves, safety, training, and other issues. This goes to the general issue on How to Pick Your Plastic Surgeon. Plastic Surgery vs Radiology for body sculpture? I am trying to understand where liposuction fits into the training and daily practice of the field of radiology vs the many different overlapping body sculpture training components of a Plastic Surgeon. I have seen patients unhappy after radiologist performed liposuction and remember wondering why and how they decided having their operations performed by their doctors.

Come join the discussion, share your thoughts and experiences.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
When I hear a statement like this three things come to mind 1. The limited experience of the person making that statement 2. What is the standard of an acceptable aesthetic outcome for the person making this statement. 3.What level of compensation does the author receive from the company promoting this technology. In my estimation "Mistakes are the usual bridge between inexperience and wisdom.”

from Linkedin Comment

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Thank you for your comment. Why not post here in this forum with links to details like my post? Links are the power of the Internet and can put the documentation behind what others just say with words. I have seen many cases and posted quite a few cases from other surgeons' misadventures with scars that just did not move well, but the tissue was "tighter."

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Liposuction Body Contouring
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates