Author Topic: Gynecomastia Forum - @DrBermant bcoz of Gynecomastia. i hve to wear bra ?  (Read 8431 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
@DrBermant bcoz of Gynecomastia. i hve to wear bra ?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Most men with gynecomastia do not like the contour. They come to me typically because they want a male look to their chest. Bras tend to shape what they support into a female shape as you can see in this collection of After Surgery Bras.

Instead the typical gynecomastia patient who wants to stabilize their chest and give a man's contour has the option of Male Body Shaping Garments. Of the many patterns available, most of my patients preferred for long term use this particular Second Stage Male Compression Vest. I used this garment as a component of my patients' Scar Care. However, I found it had wonderful abilities for shaping a male contour to chest tissues. Here is a before after photo and video analysis of Body Shaping Male Chest No Surgery. There are many pages to this resource examining various body types how effective this garment controls the shape.

Some men prefer a female breast shape and contour. Some prefer bras to maintain a breast shape. I have also had requests to make breasts on a male shape Transgender Surgery MTF or male to female. Here bras with inserts helped give the female chest shape to bring their contours into alignment with their body image. The external wear permits trial experiences before committing to a more permanent surgical solution.

Search Amazon for Mastectomy Bras

There are bras with pockets to insert prosthetic breast enhancer shapes for a greater breast contour.

Search Amazon for Breast Prosthetic

So, no, just because someone has gynecomastia, they do not need to wear a bra. It depends what they want to do with their contour and body shape.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
@drbermant hmm.. i hve read ur article but my breast size is 40 is it ok to wear #bra ?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Retired, I can share my knowledge and experiences but I no longer give medical advice.

I do not understand the question. OK in what way? Why not explain yourself so others can understand what you are trying to accomplish? People use bras for different purposes as outlined in the prior answer. Wearing a bra, like any device, has its own risks, benefits, and alternate options I discussed with my patients trying to deal with their problems.

@drbermant i hve heard that wearing bras can reduce Gynecomastia

Bras tend to emphasize a breast shape while, body shaping vests flatten.

@DrBermant bcoz of Gynecomastia. i hve to wear bra ?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Most men with gynecomastia do not like the contour. They come to me typically because they want a male look to their chest. Bras tend to shape what they support into a female shape as you can see in this collection of After Surgery Bras.

Instead the typical gynecomastia patient who wants to stabilize their chest and give a man's contour has the option of Male Body Shaping Garments. Of the many patterns available, most of my patients preferred for long term use this particular Second Stage Male Compression Vest. I used this garment as a component of my patients' Scar Care. However, I found it had wonderful abilities for shaping a male contour to chest tissues. Here is a before after photo and video analysis of Body Shaping Male Chest No Surgery. There are many pages to this resource examining various body types how effective this garment controls the shape.

Some men prefer a female breast shape and contour. Some prefer bras to maintain a breast shape. I have also had requests to make breasts on a male shape Transgender Surgery MTF or male to female. Here bras with inserts helped give the female chest shape to bring their contours into alignment with their body image. The external wear permits trial experiences before committing to a more permanent surgical solution.

Search Amazon for Mastectomy Bras

There are bras with pockets to insert prosthetic breast enhancer shapes for a greater breast contour.

Search Amazon for Breast Prosthetic

So, no, just because someone has gynecomastia, they do not need to wear a bra. It depends what they want to do with their contour and body shape.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
@DrBermant I hve a problm in posting on ur forum.. i hve brought 2 bras n i wearing it frm 2 weeks.

If your problem is leaning how to use the forum, here is the help section:

http://www.abodybeautiful.com/forum/index.php?action=help

If you just do not want to use the forum, sorry, that is where I share my knowledge and experience. Tweets are too limited.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Plastic Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates