Author Topic: Revision Gynecomastia Forum - Painful Breasts Grew Back After Surgery - Referral  (Read 7266 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hello Dr. Bermant,

I'm searching for a gynecomastia surgeon in the Richmond area.  I'm willing to also make a drive to see someone experienced that you may recommend.  I had come across your website and felt very comfortable about contacting your office based on your experience and before/after pictures...before I saw the retirement notice.  Happy retirement!

So, I have gynecomastia only on the right side of my chest.  I had originally had surgery back in 2001 in Virginia Beach at - - - (whose practice seems to have disbanded).  It has since grown back.  It actually had grown back within 5 years after surgery (and hasn't changed much since).  I originally had the surgery at age 18 (I am now 30).  For me, it's more a discomfort issue (as it can be painful and very sensitive).  I however can appreciate a doctor who also cares about esthetics.

Do you have any surgeons you could refer me to?

Thank you for your time.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

When I was in still in practice I cautioned my patients that surgery does not prevent regrowth. This was part of my Red Flag System and is detailed here:

Gynecomastia Revision Forum - Should Surgery Prevent Recurrence? Growing Again.

There is quite a bit of information on that post with many links to validate my position and passion why I did not offer surgery to those with tenderness or other signs of unstable gynecomastia. When I thought that the discomfort was part of a hormonal imbalance, I had my patients evaluated by an experienced Endocrinologist, stabilized and then surgery could be offered. You are welcome to join the forum, use our resources here on learning how to evaluate surgeons, their works. Consider posting your own standard pictures and if you have them, the before surgery, the after surgery, and the regrowth to add to the collection of cases I have posted on the site and forums for public education on this issue.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates