Author Topic: Hispanic Male, 35, NYC  (Read 5255 times)

Offline junalo

• View Profile
Hispanic Male, 35, NYC
« on: January 23, 2011, 05:48:20 PM »
Dr. Bermant,

Hi, I am considering ethic rhinoplasty.  I am a Hispanic male, 35 years of age.  I feel that my nose is a bit too wide and based on my basic  and limited understanding of  noses I feel that I would only need an alar base and nose sill skin resection.

I would like to know if an alar base/nose sill skin resection can be done alone and the cost range taking into account both General/Local anesthesia and other misc. costs.   Looking at my nose, probably it just needs a little bit of skin off from the base and reattached again, just to give you an idea of what my issue is.

I understand that you need a personal consultation in order to discuss and really diagnose what can and can’t be done, but I live in NYC.  Also, what’s your procedure to have a remote consultation and the cost for this.

Thank you, hope to hear from you soon.

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Hispanic Male, 35, NYC
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 07:37:19 PM »
Dr. Bermant,

Hi, I am considering ethic rhinoplasty.  I am a Hispanic male, 35 years of age.  I feel that my nose is a bit too wide and based on my basic  and limited understanding of  noses I feel that I would only need an alar base and nose sill skin resection.

I would like to know if an alar base/nose sill skin resection can be done alone and the cost range taking into account both General/Local anesthesia and other misc. costs.   Looking at my nose, probably it just needs a little bit of skin off from the base and reattached again, just to give you an idea of what my issue is.

I understand that you need a personal consultation in order to discuss and really diagnose what can and can’t be done, but I live in NYC.  Also, what’s your procedure to have a remote consultation and the cost for this.

Thank you, hope to hear from you soon.

Sorry, I have evolved my practice and further specialized and am not currently offering Rhinoplasty Nasal Surgery and so we do not offer our Preliminary Remote Discussion for that any more.

Planning surgery based on cost alone by not completing necessary elements can result in a disaster. The art of nasal surgery is establishing a harmonious relationship between the various elements of the nose.

Alar Wedges and Base Reduction can be done by themselves in some rhinoplasty surgery. The issue is maintaining a balance of the different structures of the nose. When reduction of the lower nose alone is done when other elements were in balance to start, a bizarre result with a disruption of natural nasal lines. I have seen such surgery done by other doctors. Revision can complete that complication.

Cost of Rhinoplasty Surgery depends on the surgeon's policy. In my office, cost of surgery depends on what needs to be done.

Plastic Surgery Anesthesia depends on safety issues. In rhinoplasty surgery, there is a critical issue of protecting the airway from fluids and blood. But again, each surgeon will have their own preferences.

The floating navigation bar for this section of my forums is still in the basic format. I will get to building it as soon as I can.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, and Sculpture
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything