Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Otoplasty Ear Surgery / Congenital Cleft Earlobe Repair
« Last post by lauradr on May 30, 2013, 11:44:30 AM »
My son was born with a notch or large opening in his right earlobe.  He'll be three in September.  I'm having trouble finding any surgeons who have experience with this in particular.  I like the "How to Pick Otoplasty Surgeon" link, and on there it says to "check to see examples of your surgeon's skills with what you have." But, congenital cleft earlobe isn't even listed there.  The only thing I have found listed in the surgeon's skills that I've researched in our local area (South Florida) is the "protruding ear" repair surgery.  Any suggestions on how to find the right doctor for cleft ear repair specifically?
Inverted Nipples / Negative result - NOT with Dr. Michael Bermant
« Last post by F.A.87 on May 20, 2013, 01:07:52 AM »
Hi.

I'm 26 years old. I live in Mass, so I did my surgery there (inverted nipple correction) in March/13/2013. The result was very bad as my nipples are still inverted and smaller.

The doctor realized that, so he refunded the money.

However, lately I have been having pain around my left nipple, like a needle sticking me.

After the surgery, my surgeon called, emailed, and mailed me a letter asking me to come back to his office ASAP because he needed to remove a suture. I didn't understand why he wanted to do that? And I could not meet with him and do a new small procedure to remove the suture because it was during my finals and many other things.

Now, I have this pain which I don't know what to do about and sometimes during he day, I can see something coming out from my left inverted nipple (looks like the tip of my nipple). Other times it all the way inside!

Any suggestions? Who should I call or seek help from regarding this matter?

Thank you much for your time!

P.S. thank you for having this forum. It is great!
Otoplasty Ear Surgery / Conchal bowl cartilage question
« Last post by the_weez on May 14, 2013, 04:16:35 PM »
Dear Dr Bermant,

I have had two consultations with a reknowned surgeon on the UK. He has said that my conchal bowls need addressing, and that he would strongly recommend removal of cartilage for long lasting results. I was wondering whether cartilage removal increases the likelihood of complications or over correction (I really don't want an over-corrected look)? Will this increase the recovery time also?
 I should add that the surgeon I have spoken to generally uses a minimalist suture technique, removing cartilage only when necessary.
 Many thanks for your time, I think it is always best to get information from various sources before making a decision.

Hi can you give my your opinion on my ears
Conchal bowl is too big
Sutures at top of ear has failed, hense top falls out
Antihelix fold is not there
Helix rim not correct shape

Tell me is it possible to have conchal bowl reduced
and have helix rim reshaped
And have antihelix fold just on top of ear reshaped to produce fold
Female Breast Lift / Breast lift?
« Last post by kotyyunies on May 09, 2013, 03:51:57 AM »
Hello guys,
 I have saggy boobs ...so i am thinking of having breast lift.Does it help me.Please advice me.Thanks in advance.

breast lift photos
Welcome to aBodyBeautiful / Re: Hello People
« Last post by alluremedspa123 on May 03, 2013, 04:11:23 AM »
welcome to our forum
Welcome to aBodyBeautiful / Re: Hello Everyone
« Last post by alluremedspa123 on May 03, 2013, 04:10:16 AM »
welcome to this forum
Welcome to aBodyBeautiful / Re: newbie here
« Last post by alluremedspa123 on May 03, 2013, 04:08:23 AM »
welcome to this forum
Welcome to aBodyBeautiful / Re: Hello I am new here....!!
« Last post by alluremedspa123 on May 03, 2013, 04:07:39 AM »
welcome  to this abodybeautiful forum
Hello Dr. Bermant,

I'm searching for a gynecomastia surgeon in the Richmond area.  I'm willing to also make a drive to see someone experienced that you may recommend.  I had come across your website and felt very comfortable about contacting your office based on your experience and before/after pictures...before I saw the retirement notice.  Happy retirement!

So, I have gynecomastia only on the right side of my chest.  I had originally had surgery back in 2001 in Virginia Beach at - - - (whose practice seems to have disbanded).  It has since grown back.  It actually had grown back within 5 years after surgery (and hasn't changed much since).  I originally had the surgery at age 18 (I am now 30).  For me, it's more a discomfort issue (as it can be painful and very sensitive).  I however can appreciate a doctor who also cares about esthetics.

Do you have any surgeons you could refer me to?

Thank you for your time.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

When I was in still in practice I cautioned my patients that surgery does not prevent regrowth. This was part of my Red Flag System and is detailed here:

Gynecomastia Revision Forum - Should Surgery Prevent Recurrence? Growing Again.

There is quite a bit of information on that post with many links to validate my position and passion why I did not offer surgery to those with tenderness or other signs of unstable gynecomastia. When I thought that the discomfort was part of a hormonal imbalance, I had my patients evaluated by an experienced Endocrinologist, stabilized and then surgery could be offered. You are welcome to join the forum, use our resources here on learning how to evaluate surgeons, their works. Consider posting your own standard pictures and if you have them, the before surgery, the after surgery, and the regrowth to add to the collection of cases I have posted on the site and forums for public education on this issue.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

anything